Chapter 15

It was a very awkward night in the dorm that night. Lola was the only one to fall asleep quickly that night, while Artemisia, Marceline, and Aliyah all lied in restless silence. Fred had given Marceline the offer to stay with him that night, but Marceline figured it would be unwise to not keep an eye on Aliyah and Artemisia. She didn't want the girls getting into any trouble.

That morning, Artemisia was up and out of the room the moment Marceline began to open her eyes. Aliyah was faking sleep, Marceline could tell, and once Artemisia left, her eyes flew open. She jumped out of bed and began to get dressed.

"I'm assuming nothing has changed between you guys and Artemisia?" Lola said, sighing.

"I think matters have gotten worse if I'm being honest." Marceline told the girl. Lola nodded sadly.

"I already told Arty this but I feel like I need to tell you guys as well. I support Lance and his decision in every way possible but all of you have been amazing friends to me. I won't be taking any sides and I want to be friends with all of you still."

"We understand Lola. We don't expect you to take sides," Marceline told the girl with a smile.

"Thank you," Lola said, relieved that no more drama had started.

The three girls walked to breakfast together, and Marceline headed to the Gryffindor table, where Fred and George sat hovering over a piece of parchment, which Marcy knew must be relating to the joke shop they planned on opening.

"Marcy I'm coming with you," Aliyah muttered, and walked with her to the Gryffindor table.

"Hello boys!" Marcy said brightly, taking a piece of Fred's toast and happily eating it.

"Hello love; if you wanted toast you didn't have to take mine," Fred said, not once looking up from the parchment.

"What are you guys doing?" Aliyah asked, trying to glance at the paper. Fred and George quickly looked up at the sound of her voice and moved the parchment out of sight.

"Homework," they said simultaneously.

"Then why are you hiding it," Aliyah said, narrowing her eyes. The two boys squirmed under her glare and both glanced at Marceline. Marceline nodded her head, saying they could trust her.

"Why are you nodding your head? Do you know about this? What is it?" Aliyah said quickly.

"Keep your voice down," Marceline told her friend.

"We're trying to open a joke shop," George whispered.

"Cool!" Aliyah said. "You guys would be great at that."

"Thanks," George said, smiling at her. Aliyah blushed and Marceline choked on her, well Fred's, toast. Aliyah never blushed. Fred and Marceline exchanged a smile, as they had been wanting their two friends to get together for months now.

"Hey Marceline, that trip to Hogsmeade, we're going to together right?" Fred said, a sly smile on his face.

"Of course," Marceline said, also smirking. "Hey, you two should go together," she said, turning to George and Aliyah.

"Like with you guys?" Aliyah said, blushing again.

"What, no! Marcy and I will be having a pleasant date. We're going alone. I'm tired of having George follow us along like a lost puppy," Fred joked, trying not to laugh.

"I do not-"

"And Aliyah, I'm sure Cedric will be with Cho and Lola with Artemisia and Lance with Patrick, so your options are a bit limited," Marceline said, also trying not to laugh.

"So do you want to go together?" George asked, red creeping up onto his neck.

"Yeah, okay," Aliyah said, and lucky for her, the red wasn't as obvious on her dark skin.

As Fred and Marcy left the Great Hall, they finally began to laugh and high fived.

"They'll be dating soon enough," Fred chuckled.

"We're awful," Marcy said, also chuckling.

"We did them a favor!" Fred exclaimed, placing his hand in hers as they walked to class together.

"I'm not sure if I should thank you or punch you," Aliyah said as they sat in the common room together later that day.

"I have no idea what you're-"

"Shut up," Aliyah said, shaking her head and laughing.

Weeks later, it was time for the Hogsmeade trip.

"Marcy! What do I wear?" Aliyah exclaimed, frantically searching for clothes. Marceline pulled out a light weight jumper and jeans for the girl and through them at her.

"Marcy I'm nervous about this."

"Don't be nervous. George clearly likes you, and he likes you for you. Just be yourself and have a good time, okay?" Marceline said, calming her friend down.

"Okay," Aliyah sighed. "Marcy can't we do a double date with you and Fred?"

"No!"

"You're so annoying sometimes," Aliyah muttered.

"Oh shut up, you love me," Marceline said, smirking.

After Aliyah had finished getting ready, the girls went down together to meet Fred and George.

"Ready love?" Fred said, smiling at Marceline and holding out his hand. Marceline took it and they happily began walking towards Hogsmeade.

"Where shall we go first?" Fred said with a sly grin.

"I know you're going to end up at the joke shop at some point today, probably more than once, so let's go on and go the first time," Marceline said, laughing at her boyfriend as he happily jumped up and down like a small child. "And then we can go to Honeydukes and get you some candy," Marceline said, poking Fred's stomach.

"Are you calling me fat!" Fred exclaimed, pressing his hand to his chest and acting offended.

"Of course not silly, I just know you love your candy."

"I do love candy," Fred mused, and Marceline shook her head at him.

Fred and Marcy headed to Zonko's, then Honeydukes, and then the Three Broomsticks. When they walked in, Fred nudged Marcy.

"Look who it is!" He said cheerfully, nodding his head towards George and Aliyah, who were happily laughing together.

"I'll get us drinks?" Fred said, looking at Marcy.

"Sure. But I think we may have to sit with them. I don't see any empty tables," Marceline said, looking around at the crowded pub.

Marceline headed over to the table while Fred got them drinks.

"Mind if we sit with you?" Marcy asked, arriving at the table.

"Hm, I don't know, we kind of wanted to be alone," Aliyah said slowly, fighting a smile.

"Yeah, we don't want any lost puppies following us around," George replied as Fred arrived at the table.

"Haha," he said dryly, sitting next to his brother while Marceline took the seat next to Aliyah.

The group talked for quite awhile before leaving The Three Broomsticks.

"Back to Zonko's!" Fred said with excitement, smiling at his girlfriend.

"Of course," Marceline said, taking Fred's hand as he led the way.

As they left the joke shop the second time, not only were Fred's pockets full, but he had stuffed different items into Marcelines pockets as well.

"You're a mess," Marceline said, laughing as her pockets clanked on the way back to Hogwarts.

"But you love me," Fred said, kissing his girlfriend on the forehead, making Marceline smile.

"I wouldn't have it any other way,"