chapter eight

"OKAY, OKAY, I don't think I can do this much longer," Stiles panted

"OKAY, OKAY, I don't think I can do this much longer," Stiles panted. I had no idea how long we'd been in the pool, but my fingers were pruny and I was exhausted. My head was leaning against Derek's shoulder as I clung to him with my eyes closed, barely kicking my legs. Stiles was pretty much the only thing keeping us up.

"No, no, no. Don't even think about it," Derek said. I opened my eyes to see Stiles looking towards where his phone was outside of the pool.

"It'd be a suicide mission," I grumbled.

"Would you two just trust me this once?" Stiles sounded offended.

"No," Derek and I both said at the same time.

"I'm the one keeping you guys alive, okay, have you noticed that?" Stiles quipped.

"Yeah. And when the paralysis wears off, who is gonna be able to fight that thing, you or me?" Derek sassed, "You don't trust me I don't trust you. You need me to survive, which is why you are not letting me go."

Stiles wasn't listening.

I screamed his name before he completely let go of Derek and started swimming away. I was imedietly pulled under water with Derek, my arms still around him while his was over my shoulders. My legs desperately pushed against the ground as I tried to pull us up. I couldn't just fucking leave him down there!

I felt my headache back in full swing as I pushed and struggled. It was hopeless.

Just in time, Stiles grabbed onto my hoodie and started yanking us to the surface. I coughed when my face hit the cold air. Water from up my nose came out my mouth, stinging. I had to fight off throwing up.

"Tell me you got him," Derek barked. I had one arm wrapped around his waist, my other hand holding tightly onto the red material of Stiles shirt. Stiles didn't say anything, making me groan and lean my head against Derek's shoulder again.

"I can't stay up much longer, I need something to hold on to," Stiles broke the near silence. My eyes fluttered back open with concern. I couldn't tell where Stiles was trying to swim closer to, but I still kicked my legs to follow.

Soon we were close to the edge and I realized Stiles was reaching for the diving board but his fingers slipped. My head fell under water and I gasped, unintentionally choking on the water.

Only moments later I was tugged completely out of the pool and placed on my side. I coughed violently, closing my eyes as my body curled slightly.

"Julia," Derek coughed, his fingers starting to move. I closed my eyes as I could hear who I assumed was Scott fighting the lizard monster.

Eventually there was a loud shriek and the fighting stopped.

"Are you okay?" Erica was at my side in seconds. I coughed again as she pulled me closer to her. I lazily nodded.