10

| AWKWARD |

Admittedly, I changed my outfit at least three times before the door bell rung. I stood staring at the door for about three minutes straight until suddenly my hand was on the doorknob and Zion was standing right in front of me.
"I was going to bring flowers but the Walmart I went to didnt have any so." His hands reveal what he was hiding behind his back and I stifle a laugh.
"Here's a watermelon." He holds it out in hopes that I'd enjoy it and believe me, I definitely did.
"Flowers are cliche. Thank you for the watermelon." I say as I grab it from him.
I stand awkwardly for a second debating on whether or not I should actually greet him. A hug? A kiss? A handshake? What was I supposed to do? He certainly waited until I invited him in, which I was grateful for but then again it would of been much for comfortably normal if he'd walked in when I opened the door.
"So you want to watch a movie or something?" He questions as he follows me into the kitchen.
"Oh yeah sure. Want to watch like American Assassin or something?" I suggest as I set the watermelon on my kitchen counter before making my way to my room.
"American Assassin?" Zion questions.
My mind instantly went to that movie dude to Dylan O'Brien being the main actor in the movie, so that if this was bad I could just focus on the man of my dreams.
"Uh Dylan O'Brien?" I say hoping he'd know who I was talking about but sadly he did not by the look of his face.
"He's only just the man of my dreams." I chuckle as I walk into my room and throw myself on my bed.
"You have a nice room." He complements as he awkwardly stands in the middle of my room with his hands in his pockets.
"This is weird, can we just watch a movie tonight?" I suggested.
"I mean if you want." I added so that I wouldn't suggest that I didn't already dread this very awkward tension.
"Oh thank god. I had no idea what I was supposed to do." He exhaled as he finally sat down on my bed.
"Right I like you're kind of my friend and like I can't just do that unless we're a thing but we aren't. God, this is so much easier to do the over text." I grab the remote and press the Netflix button.
"We aren't a thing but we could be, right?"
"Read." I replied without looking at him.
"Read?" He tilts his head as he grabs the remote from me.
"I'm leaving you on read for now." I explain as I watch him play The Office on the screen.
"Understandable." He chuckles.
"Can we watch friends or something else?" I question as I scrunch my eyes at the screen.
"You don't like The Office?" The disbelief in his voice showed.
"I just don't find it funny." I shrug taking the controller back from him.
"Is that a deal breaker?"
"Honestly as long as you like Rick and Morty, were good." Zi reassures as I click play on the first season of Friends.
"Mhm he the old dude and the kid. Never seen it." I say as he gasps.
The room fell silent as the sound of the front door opening and slamming shut was heard from my room. Zion and i look at each other questionably.
"Lauren's here?" He assumes but my face showed pure fear.
"She doesn't have keys." I shake my head as I stand up.
"Hey wait let me go first so while I get murdered you can run away." He stops me.
"No, what if it's my family? Stay here I'll scream if I'm dying." I order but he follows me down the hall anyway.
As I walk into the living area, Zion stays behind at the end of the hallway. The kitchen light turns on so I head through the kitchen door .
"Hey?" I call out and the man rummaging through the fridge turns around quickly.
"Honey, I thought you weren't home." My dad says as he grasps his chest.
"I live here. I thought you weren't supposed to be here until break?" I questioned.
"I-I wasn't but then you're mother and I got into a disagreement so now I'm here." He clears up my suspicion but there's still a question left in my mind.
"What was the disagreement?" I pushed as I sat down on the stool of the kitchens island.
Mom and Dad rarely fight, well never when their home. Only god knows what they do while they are at work.
"I refused to sign the divorce papers." He exhales as my eyes widen.
"THE WHAT?" I screamed which prompted Zion to run in screaming with one of my high heels I assume he grabbed from my closet.
"Oh sorry." He lowers the heel as he notices my dads calm demeanor, which only lasted a second.
"WHY IS THERE A BOY HERE? DIDNT YOUR MOTHER AND I TELL YOU NO BOYS?" He screeched.
"Dad that was when I lived at your house, this is my apartment. How did you even get a key to here?" I shot back as Zion stood awkwardly next to me.
"I used the key you sent your mom." Dad answered, his face looked tired and worn down.
"Hello sir nice to meet you." Zion pipes in.
"I'm Zion, your daughters friend." He introduces himself.
"I've seen you somewhere." My dad points at him.
"Dad, it's like one am go to bed in my guest room and don't you dare leave without explaining why you and mom are divorcing." I scowled before heading to the living room.
"Love you hun." He called out as I walked down the hall.
I'm just glad I didn't end up doing anything with Zion, that would've made this situation much much worse.

AN: I completely forgot the girls name in this but was too lazy to go back and check so I tried so hard to not write anything that needed her name in it 🤷🏽‍♀️
Comment what should happen next ig, byeee xx

++ GOD IS A WOMAN IS OUT NOWWW GO LISTENNN