Chapter 13

TW: Toxic relationship, implied rape and sexual assault. This was written years ago, and I handled it way lighter than I should have. This is a serious topic, and it was not written well in this fanfiction. 

Thursday

Logan didn't show up to work. The high school where he was employed received no calls from the teacher, nor any notice that he would be absent.

Friday

Logan was absent today as well. The principal of the school was not only angry with the teacher for not informing them of these absences, but she was also a bit worried, as this sort of behavior was very unlike the person they hired.

The principal sat at her desk, eyeing her phone for the thousandth time. She already tried to call Mr. Stone three times today, and now, she reached for her phone yet again, getting the answering machine of the landline phone once more. With a heavy sigh, she slowly sat her phone down on the desk.

*•*•*•*•*•*

Pain.

Searingly hot and downright dreadful pain is what Logan felt.

This morning, he awoke in a large, California king bed. The cream-colored sheets pooled around his body as he slowly sat up, another wave of pain shooting through him.

His neck was littered in little red and purple marks and he shuddered slightly, vaguely remembering how they got there in the first place. A million thoughts raced through his mind, but the ones that seemed to stick out most were the thoughts about Patton.

Is Patton okay? Is he worried, scared? Does he...miss Logan as much as the teacher misses him?

Logan pulled the covers up and over his bare chest, shivering not only from the cold, but also because of the horrid memories slowly coming back to him.

"P-Patt..." Logan said, his voice weak and cracking. In this moment, he wasn't worried about himself, only for the man he had fallen in love with. He felt a few tears slowly slide down his face.

*•*•*•*•*•*

Patton awoke in his own bed, in his own room. The sunlight streamed in from the half-opened blinds, casting streaks of warm light over the whole room.

He couldn't remember much from hours earlier, only that he was wheeled out of the hospital and to a beat-up van. He could still hear Roman Hamilton's soft voice explaining what was happening, trying to keep Patton calm in what way he could.

During all of this, Virgil watched silently. He had the sleeves of his oversized hoodie pulled over his hands, and he chewed his lip for the millionth time, not even minding when he tasted the now familiar metallic flavor of blood as his lip started to bleed.

Now, Virgil was downstairs, sipping a cup of tea slowly while he was curled up on the couch, trying to focus on the TV show he had on rather than the worries that threatened to take over his mind again.

In all his life, he had never experienced such a panic attack as strong and as terrifying as the one he had the day Patton finally told him...well, everything.

The nurse, Lina, had offered him a lot of things. His own hospital room, some test and medication to help. She even recommend a few therapists and one or two physiologists. All of this, of course, overwhelmed Virgil just as much, almost causing another attack, and Lina didn't even do a thing for him during the first attack, too worried about herself than the teen at that moment.