Alone . . . Not for Long

I haven't left my room in a week.

I haven't eaten in days.

I haven't talked.

I haven't touched my phone unless to look to see if Claire called me.

And the worst part is, school starts next week.

"Skyler? Honey? are you in there?" someone asked while coming into my room.

"Why is it so dark in here? You need light!" Mrs. Horan said, in what seemed to be so cheerfully.

"Well, get out of bed, get dresses, and get moving! We are going shopping!" she said again to damn cheerfully. God what did this women have for breakfast? Just plain sugar? That's what it seems like.

"Why?" the first word I have said in a week.

"For school of coarse silly!" yep she defiantly had sugar, just sugar.

With that I thought me parents wouldn't want to see me like this. Locking myself in a room. Not just them but Claire too.

I got up.

I took a shower put on mascara and lipgloss and just jeans a tee shirt and sperys.

Oh what fun this will be. Oh and note the sarcasm there.

-*- At the Store -*-

"What about this one?" she asked.

I just shook my head. I don't honk she has ever gone teen shopping for this generation. all she keeps picking out is dress pants.

Slowly I walk away and pull her with me. We walk to the other side of the teen section and I picked out at least 7 shorts, 5 new shirts, 4 pairs of jeans, and 3 pairs of shoes.

Then we have to try them on. Oh what a joy.

-*- 30 minutes later -*-

Before I knew it I was buying every thing and let's just say one thing . . . shopping really does fix all your problems.

And Mrs. Horan and I actually started to bond.

This might actually start to feel like a real home now.