↠Innocence - 014

Sage walked hastily towards the Great Hall with a letter in her hand and tears in her eyes. Her heels clicked loudly as she entered. The Marauders all looked at Sage confused when she walked by without stopping and then turned to Lily, who shared the same expression as them. Soon enough the hall got quiet when Sage stood in front of Dumbledore and slammed the letter down on the table.

"Your Majesty-" Dumbledore started but was quickly cut off. "You weren't going to tell me? This letter was sent to me almost a week ago! People were killed, Headmaster, innocent people!" Sage was hysterical, tears made their way down her face. "This is not the place to have this conversation, your Majesty," Dumbledore said. "You don't get to decide that right now. If I didn't get this letter would we be having this conversation at all?"

Dumbledore stood up and walked around the table towards Sage. "Come with me, please," He asked her. Sage sighed and grabbed the letter before following him. When passing her friends again, she stopped in front of James and handed him the letter. "Don't let them see it, I'll explain it when I come back," James looked down at the thing in his hand and by the time he looked back up Sage was leaving with Dumbledore.

Sirius went to snatch it from James' hands but he quickly moved. "Did you not just hear her?" James snapped at Sirius, the latter looked extremely annoyed. "Are you really going to listen to her?" Peter asked, shocked by the events that took place only a minute ago. "Did you not just see what happened? I didn't know someone could talk to Professor Dumbledore like that and survive," James put the letter in his robes pocket and tried to continue eating.

James eventually stood up in frustration after the boys and surprising Lily kept trying to have him read the letter. Stomping out of the hall, he pulled out the letter and started reading it.

'To Her Majesty The Queen,
In recent events, 12 British citizens have been found dead. All witnesses have claimed to have seen everything the same. According to them, two men walk into the victim's house and as soon as they come chaos breaks out, they heard foreign words, and then a bright green light.

We have yet to identify the intruders and are still looking into the case. We will keep you updated.

Sincerely,
       Your Lady Cassiopeia'

James stopped dead in his track as he finished reading. "It couldn't be..." He knew the Death Eaters were a threat to the wizarding world, but why would they start attacking Muggles? He was so confused. James slowly made his to Dumbledore's office so he could wait for Sage. After ten minutes of James pacing in front of the door, Sage came out with a red, tear-stained face. "Hey, Herb, It's okay..." James grabbed Sage and held her in a tight hug. "I'm gonna kill that monster. I'm gonna kill him and every last person that helped kill my people!"

"Sage, don't be so loud... We both know how many students here are his follower, and we don't want them after us," James tried desperately to calm Sage down, knowing damn well that his followers were listening in.

After talking about the events that took place, Sage and James made their ways back towards the Gryffindor tower. As soon as the pair walked into the homey commons room, four figures shot up and looked at Sage expectingly. "Well, Princess, are you going to tell us why you put on a whole show in the Great Hall?"