Chapter 2

Finally, the second chapter (and finally, a Jinji interaction). This one is longer than the previous one. Please bear with me since I like slow development in a story.

----------

It was 8AM. Jinyoung woke up by the sound of his alarm but truth be told, he didn't sleep much last night.

He couldn't stop thinking about the meeting, and his first script reading, and what he should talk about to avoid any awkwardness. When he realized that he need a distraction to help his already distracted mind, he took a book on his nightstand and began reading. He couldn't concentrate but at least reading had finally made him sleepy, plus his fatigue from practicing began to kick in. He fell asleep at 4AM.

After having quite a hard time getting up, Jinyoung shut his alarm off and went to take a shower. Maybe a refreshing and quick cold shower will do, he thought, despite the cold weather. Once he finished, he took whatever clothes and sweater he saw and put them on. Since today's schedule would be an important broadcast, GOT7 stylist would dress him up, he didn't need to bother about his own clothes. He just need to come early to the JYP building to get his makeup, hair, and outfit done. He went out once his manager arrived to pick him up.

"We need to buy a birthday cake first," manager-hyung told Jinyoung.

"I don't remember someone is having a birthday today, hyung," Jinyoung replied. He turned his head to look at his manager but hyung continued driving.

"Yeah, not you guys. Yesterday was Doyoung-ssi birthday."

"D-Doyoung-ssi?" Jinyoung whispered to himself, trying to remember the familiar name.

"Yah, your new colleague for Inkigayo, you don't remember?"

"A-ah, I see."

They went silent for a few minutes until Jinyoung started a coversation.

"Hyung, how do you know that yesterday was Doyoung-sii's birthday?"

His manager shook his head. "I don't know, either. Jisoo-ssi's manager told me about it. She told me this early morning, Jisoo-sii found out that yesterday was Doyoung-ssi's birthday so she asked her manager to inform me and the other Inkigayo team, and also asked if we can help them buy the cake."

"I see."

"You know who is Jisoo-ssi?" Manager-hyung asked, but there was a hint of teasing in his tone. Jinyoung took a glance on his hyung, relieved that his manager was still so focused on looking at the front. Otherwise, he would see Jinyoung's surprise and obvious expression.

"Well, she is also my future co-worker."

"You forgot about Doyoung-ssi but you remember Jisoo-ssi? Hmm," Manager-hyung grinned. Jinyoung licked his lips trying to find any excuse but before he could utter it, they arrived at a bakery. I can't believe that hyung has already started to tease me at this early morning, he mentally groaned, feeling drained all of sudden.

"Jinyoung-ah, you choose the cake." And then manager-hyung walked away to choose his own bread.

Jinyoung shook his head, but he smiled. His manager was definitely not a morning person, which was quite ironic since being a manager meant that you had to wake up earlier than anybody else, and slept later. Such a hard life.

Jinyoung looked inside the cooling rack and there were only tiramisu cake and cheese cake. He considered choosing tiramisu cake because almost everyone he knew loved tiramisu cake. However, he held back for a moment and decided to do a quick research. He searched Doyoung's favorite food in the search engine finding out that he actually liked anything with cheese. Woah, lucky aren't we.