Chapter 6

"Today's the practice day for Inkigayo MC performance, right?" Jennie asked.

Blackpink members were in YG cafeteria, enjoying their high-quality lunch. After their morning practice, they finally had a few hours of break.

"Ne, it's today," Jisoo flatly answered. She took a spoonful of rice and chewed slowly, while she swiped through her Instagram.

Lisa, Rose, and Jennie glanced at each other, knowing full well what was in each other's mind. Since early morning, Jisoo was not in a good mood despite everything the members did to cheer her up. Jennie had already asked her for almost a hundred times if she was alright, but Jisoo stubbornly assured them that she was fine. She tried to fake a cheerful attitude but the other three Blackpink members refused to buy that.

And the fact that Jisoo kept going back to check her phone all morning was an apparent indication that something was definitely happening.

"Unnie, we'll help you to practice! We can convince our managers to spare us a few hours to help you!" Lisa talked with her chubby cheeks, talking with food in her mouth.

"Aiya, gwenchanayo, maknae-ah. I don't think manager-unnie will let you guys practice with me. It'll be a brief practice, too. Don't worry about it."

"And don't talk while you have food in your mouth," Jisoo added, throwing a sharp gaze at Lisa.

"Ye, algesumnida, ma'am."

"Nope, I think you need a PD. I can become a PD and give judgment on your entire performance," Jennie put down her chopsticks on the table and looked straight at Jisoo's eyes. "And to find out why you are acting so strange lately."

Jisoo could only stared back at Jennie, but then she realized that the other members were looking at her, too. Her doe-eyes widened as she tried hard to act innocent.

"Strange? I'm normal, though?"

"Nu-uh, unnie. You are so weird lately. Not your usual 4D-weird, but like....weird, weird," Rose tried to explain with her limited Korean. Jisoo narrowed her eyes.

"Guys, this is getting annoying. I've told you several times that there is nothing wrong with me, why are you keep pestering me with these questions."

"See?" Rose turned Jennie who nodded in agreement. When the two of them looked at Lisa asking for any response, the maknae could only shrug. Unnie never gets angry. Lately she becomes a bit sensitive, and she worries a lot, Rose thought.

"Listen, Jisoo. What is happening between you and your phone? Is it broken?" Jennie asked, pointing at Jisoo's phone. In defense, Jisoo automatically took her phone and hid it.

"I don't have any problem with my phone. I don't get you."

"Well, if you don't have problems with your phone, then why do you check it so religiously?" Rose interrogated her unnie. She even narrowed her eyes and folded her arms, adding emphasis that intimidated the main suspect.

"Check it? You might mistaken me with Jennie. I don't play with my phone as much as her," Jisoo frowned as she started to get impatient. Jennie gaped in shock when Jisoo mentioned her name.

"Ugh, what? Excuse me, Jisoo-yah. Just admit it you are waiting for a reply from someone!" This time Jennie raised her tone, as she got even more irritated. Below the table, Rose held Jennie's hand, comforting her. Jennie need to calm down; being a rookie group they HAD TO avoid any trouble.

Lisa, too, put her hand on Jisoo's shoulder as she softly explained, "unnie, we are just worried about you. You really did check your phone too often than you realized. And each time you checked, you let out an exasperated sigh. It was too obvious for us not to notice."