Chapter 13

P. Jinyoung (08:03PM):
I'm on my way to Jackson's birthday dinner. What are you doing now? Tell me when your schedule is over and then I'll call you.

Jinyoung checked his chatroom with Jisoo. It had been two hours since he sent the message but Jisoo had yet to read it. He silently sighed as he put his phone back on the table, decided to wait a little bit longer before his curiosity reached his limit.

"Wow, Jack! This is crazy delicious," Bambam said in English, speaking with his mouth full. They just finished a fan-signing event in Bundang-gu but special for that night, GOT7 didn't immediately come back to Seoul just yet. They stayed there to celebrate Jackson's birthday in a fancy Chinese restaurant owned by his acquaintance.

"This really is. One of the best Chinese restaurant I could find in South Korea. The chefs were small restaurant owners from Sichuan that my friend brought all the way to South Korea, so the menus are all made from original and traditional Sichuan recipes. I told my friend that he made the right decision to hire them instead of those Le Cordon Bleu graduates," Jackson explained proudly, showing his Squirtle-smile.

"You know man, this place doesn't look like it sells Chinese food. I thought we'd be chilling here, drinking wine, eating gourmet. But here we are stuffing ourselves with lobsters and kung paos. Not complaining, though," Bambam said. He no longer cared about the table manner and used his hands to eat the mouth-watering Sichuan spicy lobster.

"Oho~ Bro, rest assured, my friend has reserved a vintage 1994 Chardonnay for us. We'll chill after this," Jackson spoke, also with his mouth full.

"Fuck yeah! I want to let myself loose once in a while," Mark added, giving his widest smile to Jackson, who winked back at the oldest hyung.

Jinyoung eyed the AmeriThaiKong. "Don't talk when we're eating. Jackson, don't speak when your mouth is full. Mark-hyung, watch your mouth," he scolded them. The foreigner line could only smile.

"Jinyoung, cut me some slack. I just came back from the jungle, don't you have any pity on me?"

Jinyoung smirked. It was true, Mark just came back from filming Law of the Jungle, the reason why they could only celebrate Jackson's birthday two weeks after. When he was back at the dorm, he couldn't stop talking about whatever happened on the island.

But it wasn't a successful episode. Apparently.

"It was crazy, the wind was so strong, the temperature was cold. When I dived to find fish, I almost got hypothermia." Jinyoung remembered everything that Mark said. Their latest adventure ended earlier than planned because the weather in New Zealand turned bad. It was so difficult to find food and everyone was starving. The chief Kim Byung-Man almost fell sick because of hypothermia.

"It was as if we were really stranded in that island," Mark concluded, when he shared his story to the members.

And now he ate like he didn't eat for days, literally. The dinner was a celebration for so many things; Jackson's recovery, Mark's return, Jackson's birthday, Never Ever's promotion. But most importantly, it was a celebration for their togetherness.

"I am wondering who is going to the jungle next," Youngjae questioned. "If I'm chosen, are you willing to replace me, Jinyoung-hyung?"

Hearing that, Jackson laughed, almost choking on his food. "I can already imagine his stubble everywhere. He grows a beard every 2 hours."

Jinyoung glared at Jackson. "Speak for yourself. It's not like we can't shave there?" Jinyoung said, referring to a viral photo of Jackson coming back from LOTJ filming with stubble and mustache—still handsome.