00; PROLOGUE

:: prologue

October 5th, 2014

8:34 pm

I slung my handbag over my shoulder and wrapped my leather jacket tighter around me, shielding my body from the frosty winter air as I stood at the train station waiting for the nine o'clock train.

Just as I had suspected, there was no one else here. Everyone else was mostly getting their rides from friends and family or driving around themselves. I gathered that I would have to take the train home everyday until I could buy a car - something that reaches mediocre and feasible although time wasn't always my best friend.

I heard a cough next to me, and I jumped up impulsively, startled by the presence of another person. I awkwardly glanced to the side only to find a boy leaning slumped against the wall next to me. I hadn't even heard him walk his way over, it was almost like he had magically popped out of thin air.

I squinted my eyes at him. I tilted my head to the side in confusion. I knew him from somewhere, but it just wouldn't click. His face was too familiar to be forgotten.

He had an unruly mop of curls that framed his head, strong graceful eyebrows and emerald green eyes that shone under the dim lighting with the slightest form of stubble.

Suddenly, I could hear the sound of the ring tone of my cellphone vibrating somewhere in the depths of my bag. I snuck my hand in, clawing through my possessions trying to grab my cellphone to stop the continuous ringing. In frustration, I knelt down on the ground and zipped open my bag widely, snatching my phone which had stopped ringing by now. Although, as I disgracefully retracted my phone out of my bag, a pile of other valuables as well as my bottle of iron pills scattered onto the ground at the same time.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

As I was cleaning up the mess I made, and aimlessly throwing the remnants of my valuables into my bag. I felt someone hover me and oddly enough, it was the boy who was standing next to me. He idly kneeled on one knee and took the bottle of iron pills in his hands. He stared at it for a little while before darting his tongue out across his plump lips in a swift manner whilst examining the bottle in speculation.

I cleared my throat. "I'm anemic."

I stood up, smoothing down my shirt trying to pass as presentable. He stood up as well and handed me my pills. He nodded slightly. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," I nodded.

I narrowed my eyes in uncertainty. And then it clicked. "I know you! You must be Harry," I smiled. "You're in my English Literature Class."

"I am?"

I shoot him a timid smile, which caused a light chuckle to escape his lips.

He pulled a packet of cigarettes from his back pocket and lit one, placing it in between his lips.

"So why are you trying to catch a train?" He asked, his cigarette wiggling up and down his mouth as he spoke.

"I don't have a car for the mean time so I have to catch a train everyday." I sighed.

He stepped in front of me, and blew out smoke from his mouth, directly into my face. I let out a cough.

"That can kill you," I said, pointing to the cigarette hanging between his lips.

"Why do you think I'm smoking it?" He huffed, blowing more smoke residue into my face.

I playfully scowled at him. I checked my phone. It was 8:57.