01; TRAIN RIDES AND GREEN EYES

:: 01

he had beautiful eyes

the kind you could get lost in

and i guess

i did.

-

/ florence /

"Look, Florence - hey, can I call you Flor?" Harry stopped mid-sentence turning to me.

I felt my whole body tense up at the mention of that name. Only my mother called me that and no one else ever did. Why was Harry even forming a nickname for me anyway?

"Why would you want to call me that?" I asked blankly, more than ready to deny Harry's request. We were now sitting side by side at the far end of the train, although we weren't still moving due to some 'technical issues'.

"Florence is just such a mouthful for me, if you're going to sit next to me for the next 45 minutes I might as well find a name that's easy to say." Harry explained. He propped his elbow up on the arm rest shared between us and rested his chin on the heel of his hand, looking innocently up at me.

"You can't call me Flor." I shook my head, denying. I've never let anyone call me that, and usually people respected my decision. I knew that Harry wouldn't, he really didn't respect anything, much less anyone.

"Why not?" Harry groaned.

"I don't owe you an explanation, okay?" I hissed. "Just leave me alone."

"What? Was it something I said?" Harry asked, laughing lightly and I rolled my eyes at him. He was so childish and immature.

"Yes, Harry. It was something you said! You've been nothing but an ass to me ever since you opened that mouth of yours and I'm sick of it. Just go to sleep or something!" I burst out, which was something I normally didn't do. I was always able to maintain my composure, but Harry really did hit a nerve.

I think he looked hurt for a millisecond, but it was gone as quickly as it came. Harry paused for a second, a huge smile making its way on his face. "You're hot when you're angry."

Suddenly the train began to rumble underneath my feet, letting the both of us know that the train was about to start moving. I flinched and instinctively grabbed onto Harry's hand that had been resting on the armrest between us. I wiggled my fingers in between his, seeming not to care at that moment who I was holding hands with.

"Hey, are you okay?" Harry asked quietly, leaning down to look me in the eye.

"Oh, I'm fine." I nodded, sounding panicked. I didn't want to look into his eyes. For some cosmic reason, I was anxious and shame-faced. His green eyes were finding my boring grey ones and I couldn't figure out what to do next. I tried to let go of Harry's hand but he refused and wrapped his own fingers around mine. "I just get nervous sometimes."

"Flor, it's okay. Nothing's going to happen, we're fine." Harry reassured, reaching out for me once more. He grabbed my hand and tried to lace my fingers together again, but I drew my hand back.

"Stop calling me that." I snapped. "I told you not to call me that."

"I'm sorry, I just thought -" I cut Harry off again.

"How many minutes do we have left until we reach Castle Rock?" I asked, fluttering my eyes shut.

There was a brief silence before Harry replied, "We have half an hour more to spare."

"Do you want to play 20 Questions?" I looked back at him, already thinking up an endless amount of questions that I can ask him. I was really digging myself into a big hole with this one.

masochist // h.sजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें