chapter 4:Flirt King

Mini-summery-
In which Marinette gets confused by Chat
-------------------------------

Marinette’s heart was beating rapidly, but she tried to ignore its drumming by sipping tea from her tea cup. On the opposite side of her sat no one else but Adrien, in all of his heavenly glory, cutting a piece from a cake with his fork.

“Your mother’s cheesecake is the best I have ever had,” he sighed with a delight, eyes dreamy.

Marinette had to avert her gaze away from Adrien’s face.

“Mom will be happy to hear that,” was the only thing Marinette could come up with without stammering with her words.

It had been two days since their evening together and to Marinette’s surprise Chat hadn’t made his appearance – something she had expected, that cat was a way too nosy for his own good. Instead of him Adrien had suddenly walked into the Dupain-Cheng’s bakery this morning, smiling like he always did, and asked for Marinette. Her mother had remembered Adrien from his junior high days and welcomed him in like he would have always had a place in their home. Marinette had heard her mother calling her downstairs, and when she had seen Adrien, their eyes meeting, she had almost spurted back to upstairs and locked herself in the attic.

But here she was, sitting in the furthest corner of their bakery with Adrien, her crush showing all those dreamy faces and pleased sighs as he kept shoveling the passion fruit cheese cake into his mouth. Marinette had hard time not to stare at his lips, something she had fallen into so much since their dining together. Surprisingly a thought of Chat Noir and if he saw her lips like that popped into Marinette’s mind, but she shooed it away as quickly as it had dared to appear.

“By the way, I really liked the macarons. Thank you,” Adrien pointed Marinette with his empty fork and smiled with his pale green eyes.

Marinette could feel her inner teenager Marinette surfacing.

“Ehhheheh it was nothing, glad you liked them,” she chuckled, taking a sip from her tea to hide her faint blush.

“How did you even come up with macarons? I usually get something boring like wine bottle openers and similar as gifts.”

“Well, eh… If I’m honest our common friend told me that you like sweet things,” she hesitated a bit to lift a certain cat on their table.

Adrien leaned closer to Marinette, so very close.

“You mean Chat Noir?” he whispered with a low tone, careful for not letting his words to be caught by outsiders.

Marinette simply nodded.

“It’s a bit hard for me to believe you are friends,” she tottered, wondering if that was too rude to say out loud, but Adrien just laughed at her warmly.

“Really? Why is that?” the grin staid on his lips as he returned to his cake.

“Well he… he… how can I say… He’s so different from you,” Marinette whirled her hands in the air, like trying to catch the words she was looking for, watching pass Adrien with a small frown.

“Different?” Adrien kept smiling at his cake.

“Yo—You know,” she started to stammer, “You are so… composed and polite and he… well, he’s… so… so… all over the places,” Marinette sighed out with a groan. It drew a loud chuckle out from Adrien.