Chapter 15: Calm

Adrien was the first one to wake up the next day, around the afternoon when the sun was already high in the sky. He was surprised to find Marinette still sleeping, half way on the floor due her tossing and turning during the night. The faint blush appeared on Adrien's face when he thought about the events of yesterday. He couldn't believe they had slept together with Marinette and he had gotten to spend his very first time with no other but the girl he had loved for so many years already, without knowing her true name, always referring her only as Ladybug. He chuckled mentally: Of course, he should have seen it earlier, the way how Marinette also made his heart feel warm whenever he thought of her, ever since their school years together. And how often she skipped the classes with various excuses when they were younger,being often gone at the same time with him! Guess the things right under your nose where the hardest to spot after all.

Adrien lifted his body up to his elbows, scanning the room. The light had been on the whole night, both of them falling asleep so quickly into each other's arms after the sex, shower and some play, that they completely forgot it. The chocolate bars were still scattered on the floor and Adrien thought how nice they tasted with something warm to drink. He could hear some usual city noise from outside, but otherwise it was peaceful and quiet.

He wondered would it always be like this, to wake up next to Marinette, if they shared an apartment together. He got soon embarrassed by his mind's play, and shooed the silly thought away.

Quietly Adrien stood up, looking for his jeans silently, pulling them on. Then he turned to Marinette, admiring her ability to sleep in such an uncomfortable looking position. He didn't dare to try to move her, just in case she would wake up, as he couldn't forget how Marinette had pretty much dozed off right away when she had snuggled under his arm. He suspected she was exhausted with everything, feeling guilty that he couldn't remember anything of his akumazation or what had caused it. Adrien knew it was normal to forget, but to forget everything... perhaps it was something unusual. He couldn't say.

Adrien reached for the duvet and placed it gently over Marinette, leaving her into the bedroom to sleep all the exhaustion away, while he went to the kitchen, snatching the chocolate bars to go with him from the floor. He put the tea water on, noticing they had plenty of tea bags left and went to the fridge, finding the rest of the sandwich tower. The owner of the house, Master Fu, had clearly prepared to everything. When the water was ready, he made himself a cup of tea and sat in front of the table, opening the blindfolds and taking a look outside. It was a bright day, Thursday if he was right, and he had just skipped two days of school. For Adrien's luck nothing major was missed besides the lectures and his fencing lessons, but his teacher was already gotten used to the fact he sometimes didn't appear to the classes, always excusing himself for having so much work without telling most of those skipped classes where due Chat Noir's businesses.

Chat Noir. The alter ego had indeed become handy to Adrien, guiding him to Marinette. Again the thought of spending his time with her in the same apartment popped into Adrien's mind. This time he allowed himself to mindlessly slip into it, imagining how it would look and feel like to make breakfast with her, wake up and fall asleep in the same bed with her, take showers, go to walks, protect the Paris and all Parisians, perhaps have some hobby together besides their hero work. Adrien had to admit he liked that. Liked that all. He pondered if Marinette would feel the same as he, also thinking that he was already too far into the future with his thoughts. Everything had just barely started, and he still wanted to talk with Marinette about their relationship, to make sure they both were on the same page with it, before fantasizing their future together more.

Sitting alone perhaps for fifteen minutes Adrien heard Marinette's footsteps, closing the kitchen door. Her face relaxed clearly when she sad Adrien, a deep sigh coming out from her mouth.