Chapter 7: I kissed the cat and I liked it

There was a complete silence in Marinette's world, an utter emptiness, when Chat's lips pressed against hers, his strong arms holding her tightly against his body. Her eyes were the size of two plates, the shock running through Marinette's spine. His lips were warm, oh so very warm, and soon Marinette could feel herself melting into that kiss. She let her eyelids close slowly, relaxing in Chat's hold and replying to his kiss shyly. Her head started to feel airy, dizzy, her palms squeezing tightly against her own chest. She was too timid to wrap her hands around his neck or even touch Chat. She could hardly hear or feel the rain, which was heavy around them. It was impossible to hear it over the beat of her own feverish heart.

Chat Noir was the first to retreat from the kiss, their lips parting slowly. There was almost something sensual in how he withdrew gently. To Marinette, this all had happened so suddenly that she couldn't help the rush of questions flooding her head, unable to speak. Chat opened his piercing golden-green eyes, head hanging low at Marinette's eye level. His eyes were narrow, cheeks clearly red, breath slightly ragging.

She really hadn't understood how tall he had become. How much he had manned up.

How handsome Chat Noir really was.

Hesitantly Marinette opened her mouth to speak, but Chat Noir frowned quickly and placed his finger on top of Marinette's lips.

"Later," his voice was a hoarse whisper, shivering, "I don't want you to catch a cold."

"But—" Marinette voiced out a small protest, but she got silenced by Chat with another kiss. This time his arms wrapped around her waist as Chat pulled Marinette tightly towards him. The second kiss was bolder, hotter and Marinette had to take support from Chat's chest as his lips kissed her with sweet roughness, taking her breath away. His palms felt wide on her lower back and Marinette noticed how wildly his heartbeat against her palms underneath his rib cage when she replied confidently to his sudden second kiss.

She didn't know what was going on, but oddly enough she didn't have anything against these new turns of the event. She let out a small low hum just before Chat broke their kiss. Right at the same time, his ring sends lout out a clear beeping.

"I really need to go and so need you," Chat breathed out with slight stammering and kept avoiding Marinette's curious gaze. His breathing coming out from his parted lips washed warmly over Marinette's face by each breath he took.

She nodded to Chat with a small smile, still boggled and very confused, but Marinette knew she couldn't let Chat Noir see that. It could make him embarrassed and if anyone knew how being embarrassed truly felt, it was Marinette with her lifelong lasted clumsiness and breakdowns in front of Adrien.

Marinette lifted her palm up, touching Chat Noir's face tenderly.

"Alright," she looked as brave and composed as possible, finally capturing his eyes, as he turned his gaze to Marinette.

His wet hair made his flushed face look rather miserable and Marinette was sure his ears were drooping, too. Slowly Chat's arms fell down from Marinette's waist. Marinette stepped away from Chat carefully, not wanting to scare him by spurting away. She let her gaze be focused on Chat Noir's eyes and on that kind smile he had on his face. They made Marinette feel warm inside.

He gave a last final grin at Marinette, a grin which was coated with something which Marinette couldn't understand, and then he was off in an instant. She barely saw him as soon as he had leaped away from the balcony, the rain is so heavy and the clouds making whole Parisian night darker than usual.

It was a good thing. The darkness. It had hopefully hit Marinette's nervousness from her face and eyes, giving perhaps for them both some cover to hide their shyness. No matter how much of a flirt Chat Noir was, she couldn't believe yet what had happened.