Chapter 5

(Landon's POV)

It's been a week since the incident at practice. Since then Rick hasn't said anything and if I'm being honest I'm kinda sad about it. I don't know what I'm going to do about him and I yet. I'm still confused and embarrassed that Rick is my mate. I wish the Goddess would've given me a girl mate.

Someone like Tracy.

Tracy.

I know that I have to break up with her and soon. Now that I found my mate I don't feel attracted to her anymore.

Mate. Rick. I can't like him. He's a guy. And yet I do.

'Coures you do. He's our mate', my wolf growled.

He's right but I can't accept that. What will people think. Sure the football team didn't mind but that was because half of them were in my pack. They new not to challenge me. But what about the people in school. This will ruin my reputation.

"Landon! Come eat hunny", my mom yelled from downstairs.

"Comin Ma", I screamed back.

My parents were also another thing I had to think about. If I told them my mate was a guy they would freak and kick me out. Or worse they could disown me. Then I'd be a rogue wolf and I'd slowly start to lose my mind.

As I make my way downstairs I try too empty my head. The last thing I want is too have a mental break down in front of my parents.

"Hey there's my boy", my dad yelled when I into the dining hall.

I laughed. "Hey old man!"

"Watch it. I may be 42 but I look 21. So take that", he retorted.

"Eh. I would of said 25", I replied sarcastically. Dad cracked a grin. "Where's Josie", I asked referring too my little sister.

"Shes spending the night over a friends house", my mom answered as she entered the room.

"Oh".

"So... Landon." My mom started off nervously.

"Mom", I said seriously.

"Son," my dad started. "We heard that you found your mate."

I gulped and looked down at the table.

"Where did you guys hear that at," I asked softly.

"We heard it from a couple of people from your football team," my mom answered. "Honey I don't understand. Is this true?"

"Yes," I whispered.

"Well son why didn't you tell us," dad asked.

"I wasn't ready for you guys to meet yet", I groaned bitting on my bottom lip nervously awaiting the next question I new was to come.

"Why not hun," my mom asked leaning towards me with a confused look on her face.

"Because...," I took a deep breath then started again. "Because my mate is a guy," I rushed out.

There was a long pause. I started to panic so I finally brought my eyes up to their faces.

My moms expression was a mixture of shock, worry, and confusion. While my dads was an expression of disbelief.

"Please say something," I pleaded.

My mom was the first to speak. "H-How? I thought you were straight. You have a girlfriend. You have Tracy. How did this happen?"

"I am straight. Or at least I thought I was. It dosen't matter anyways. I'm rejecting him," I mumbled.

"No your not," my dad spoke making me and my mom jump. "You will not. Your going to invite him over for diner tomorrow night."

"But-"

"No but's. Your inviting him and that's final," he said with authority ending the conversation and leaving me confused.

Oh boy, I thought. This is bad very bad.