one

Lacy

You know when you're about to fall asleep and you close your eyes, to see nothing then slowly begin to dream. You always dream of happy things, unless you're like me - having nightmares that keep you up almost every single night. Well I dream those nightmares every day, because I am blind. Darkness follows me wherever I go, there's no escaping it. But this year, I've planned to see the light, I have set goals to create a happy and better life for myself.

Hello, my name is Lacy May. My last name isn't really May, that's just what the orphanage gave me because I was born in May. Yes, I'm an orphan, have been when I was only four months old. With no note, no letter, just a blanket that had my name written across it, "Lacy".

Well eighteen years later and I'm still at the orphanage, but not for long. I found this really amazing house for women in LA, they help lost females get back on their feet. But I'm different, I was never on my feet to begin with so they immediately accepted me.

You're probably wondering how did I become blind? It's not some grand story, like an accident or a disease. Im not that special. I was simply born this way.

My care adviser has these theories as to why I was abandoned and I used to get depressed over them too.

Why was I abandoned?

Did they not love me?

Was I an accident ?

But not anymore, I'm over it and I am a grown woman now, who's ready to show the world what a blind person can do and LA is where my story began. Oh how I wished I knew what I was getting myself into before applying to live in that house.

But like the saying goes, "Everything happens for a reason." And I trust that it will.

Chapters will be much longer:)
Vote comment thoughts
~Madi:)

Chapters will be much longer:) Vote comment thoughts ~Madi:)