twentythree

Lacy's POV

"How do I look?" Jae whispered as he smiled at me, his eyes were cloudy and his hands were shaking in mine.

"You.. You look beautiful. I mean in, you look so good," he smirked and chuckled as he brought my hand up to kiss it gently. "Wait you see yourself, baby," he says as an object was being handed to me.

"This is a mirror, you can see yourself in it," Dr. Wu said as I take it cautiously. "What if I dont actually look that good and you're just making me feel good about myself."

"I would never lie to you," Jae says as he encourages me to look at myself.

For the first time in eighteen years, I'll be seeing my reflection. I'll finally see how I look, what my eye color is, what my hair and skin look like.

To be honest, I was kind of scared. I knew how my body felt, I had a vision of what it looked like too, I had many faces painted into my mind of the many faces I could have. So to me, this was a huge step in my life.

"Go ahead," Dad said behind me as he pat my shoulder in a supportive way. "You wont be disappointed."

I hope not

Finally, after the self doubt. I lifted the metal object up in front of my face. First my hair line came to view, then my eyebrows, eyes, nose and finally my lips. I had dark hair, not too dark I had some light streaks in there too. My eyes were as Jae had described them, warm and welcoming. "What do you think?" Dr. Wu asked.

"I mean I guess I look alright," I giggled out jokingly. "Let me look at the rest of you," I say spinning my wheelchair around so I can face my new friend Doyoung and of course my wonderful family. When my eyes landed on them, I gasped, I began to overwhelm myself as tears dared to fall from my face, but I didn't let them. "How do we look?" Dohun asked pulling a pose. I couldn't help but laugh at how silly he looked.

"Amazing, what I've been wanting my whole life." I say as I smiled at them, "what about me?" Do asks from the corner of my eyes. I laugh, "ugly as I expected. He folds his arms and glares at me in a playful manner, "joking, you look good too."

"Can I have my bed switched in here?" I asked turning my head back to the doctor. He nods with small smile as he and my nurse walk out of the room. "Where's you're mom," I say looking at Jaehyun. He shrugs and pulls my chair close to his bed as he pecks my lips tenderly, his vibrating against mine as they quivered. "I'm sorry I put you through all that."

"Shh, baby. I'm okay, you're okay. Lets forget about it." I say as I caressed his face, still amazed as how good he looks, better than I expected actually. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," he said pecking my lips again before leaning back against his bed. "Are you feeling bad?" I asked I read his face more carefully, he shook his head as he flashed me a smile that I could die for. Well, I almost did. "Stay down, you probably feel worse than I do," I say as soon as my bed was pushed into the room.

"Wish you could lay with me for a bit," my boyfriend pouted as his eyes glanced over as he watched them situate my bed. "Me too," I mumbled. "I don't think I can right now," I continue as I referred to my burns. "Give it two days, maybe." He sighed and looked back at me with a smile. "I made up with your mom."

"She told me, she likes you a lot."

"Well I'm glad," I giggled out. "She's doing better, y'know."

"Give it a week, she'll go back to her old self." He says and I roll my eyes. "Have faith," I tell him. "she could turn around."

"Yeah, could." He mumbled while he grabbed my hand to intertwine them. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm sore, but I'm a big girl." I say grinning. "That you are," he says and I smile. "I'm sorry."