twenty

Lacy's POV

"Good morning!" Joy says as she walks into my room, I was currently eating the breakfast that the nurse gave. "What are you doing here?" I chuckled as I was about to take a bite of my jello, "Stop eating, I brought you real food. A special delivery from Shindong," she said happily and I couldn't help but smile.

"Guess what it is," she said as I heard walk towards the bathroom. "If it came from Shindong's, then it must be my usual, a tuna sub with onions, lettuce and mayo. " I reply when she came back, "You're right, so hurry and eat, I'll help you wash your hair."

"But my bandage," I point out as I slowly unwrapped my sandwich then proceeded to eat it. "I ran into your doctor and asked, he said its fine as long as you keep your eyes closed and a nurse will come to put a fresh one on." I nodded at her while I ate. "Thank you," I mumbled.

"Its nothing, I'm going to step out for a minuet and call Irene she's babysitting for me," she says and I nod as I continued to eat.

Knock Knock

"Who is it?" I called out with a mouthful of food. "U-uhm, I'm Jaehyun's mother." The voice spoke and I quickly put my sub down to wipe my face.

"Oh, hi," I said softly as footsteps neared me. "When Doyoung said you wanted to come see Jae, I thought I'd come and introduce myself first. Well, first, I want to apologies the way I treated you when we first met. I wasn't acting maturely and I feel bad about it."

"I-its okay," I stuttered.

"No its not. I've heard a little about you, just some things that Jae would tell me. He's been ignoring my calls and texts since that night." She paused before sitting down in the chair next to me. "He didn't say much, but enough to tell me that he loves you."

"And I love him," I say.

"I know that too. Well, I don't have much to say. I just wanted to apologize and now that I did, I think I'm going to go back and sit with him."

"Wait," I said before she stood up. "Have you ate yet?" She replied with a no, "I have an extra tuna sub, it has mayo, onions and lettuce on it if you want it. I don't eat a lot and I hate to waste food."

"I can't take your food, Lacy." She said standing up but i reach out and luckily grab her delicate wrist, she was skinnier than me. "Eat it, please, it will make me feel better and after I'm healed, I'll treat you to dinner."

"Shindong's?" She said sounding cheeky, I smiled and placed the sub into her hand. "The only restaurant that matters," I smiled. "You're too good, I'm glad my son has you," she said while bending down to kiss my forehead. I was shocked by her actions, but I simply smiled and told her I'd visit him soon.

"Who was that?" Joy said after she reentered the room. "Jae's mom," I reply before taking the last bite of my sandwich. "Ready for me to wash your hair ?" She asks as I hear another person come in. "Nurse Yuri is going to unhook the IVs while I get the water warm," she says and I nod.

"I'm also going to take the bandage off, its going to hurt so when you feel the pain squeeze this ball," she says placing a ball into my head. I nod and wait for the pain. And immediately I had to squeeze, repeatedly until my hand got tired and I just sat there taking the pain. "How am I going to wash my hair when I can't move?" I asked.

"She's going to help me put you in the wheel chair and I'll wash your hair from the sink." Joy says and I sighed. "I'm heavy, probably need a man to help." I say as they helped me turn my body towards the edge of the bed.

"Shit," I gritted my teeth. "I-im sorry, let me see if Doyoung is still in Jae's room," Joy says before running off. "I'm sorry, Ms. Young." the nurse said and I huffed.