Problems and Bad Ideas

Simon
I turn on Doctor Who back at the flat. I keep glancing at the clock, waiting for Baz. The doorbell rings, and I go over in confusion. Baz would have just walked in. Who is it? I open the door to see a crying Nicodemus.
"Simon Snow," he whispers.
"N-Nicodemus," I stammer.
"I want to talk to you about... about Ebb. You two were close, right?" He starts to sob.
"Yes. Ummm... come in." I say.
He walks in past me and collapses on the couch.
"I miss her so much!" He wails.
"I do too. Ebb was always a good pal. He goats loved her. A great mage."
"Yeah she was. And you did nothing as the mage killed her." Nicodemus snarls, looking at me.
"What? I- I didn't get there in time. I regret it, but it wasn't my fault." I say, but I'm thinking, Keep telling yourself that, Snow.
He stands up and starts to stalk towards me. "Sure, Snow. If it finds you peace. See you in hell."
I scream as Nicodemus lunges. But he never reaches me. Baz is there, fighting him.
"Simon! Run! Get out of here!" Baz yells.
Nicodemus makes a grab for me as I run past. I hesitate in the doorway, not wanting to leave Baz.
"GO!" Baz yells, magic drenching his words.
I have no choice but to obey. I run out the door and straight into Penny.
"Penny! Baz is in there fighting Nicodemus!" I cry.
"Go to the cafe. We'll meet you there." Penny says, before running in with her ring hand ready.
I run to the cafe, tears in my eyes. I hate myself. I hope Baz and Penny will be alright.

Baz
Nicodemus has me in a headlock and black spots are beginning to appear in my vision as his arms tighten around my throat. Then Bunce bursts in.
"Can't touch this!" She shouts, pointing her ring at Nicodemus. He jumps away from me as if he was burned.
He eyes us before getting ready to attack again. Then I remember what's in my pocket. I reach down and pull out my lighter. I light it and Nicodemus instantly steps back.
"Careful, Baz." Bunce warns.
"Yes Basilton. Don't want to hurt yourself now." Nicodemus sneers.
I chuck the lighter at him. His eyes widen from fear and shock. He goes up in flames, becoming nothing but ashes. I make a wish the fire away before turning to Bunce.
"Where is Snow?" I demand.
"The cafe. That was Nicodemus?"
I nod my confirmation. "Now it's over."
"Not really. Baz, Simon has been so depressed since Christmas. You know that. You've seen it. It will never be over for Simon. No Mage. No powers. No Watford. No Ebb."
"Soon you'll move to America to live with Micah and he won't have you either. Maybe he would be better off not remembering Watford." I say, half joking.
Bunce nods. "Maybe... maybe we should erase magic from his memory."
I look at her sharply. "You do realize if we erase Watford, we would have to erase everything." I tell her.
"Maybe it's for the best," Bunce says sadly.
"We could." Now I'm thinking about it. "He would need us around to guide him."
"I've thought about this quite a lot Basil. I know."
"When would we do it? What spell would we use?" I ask.
"When it gets to be too much. It's not a spell. It's a potion. Very powerful. I... I have been gathering the ingredients. Like I said. I've been thinking about this for a while." Bunce admits. "Actually. I already made the potion."
"Keep it ready." I tel her. "I have a feeling we'll need it soon after today. I'll get Simon."
Bunce nods and goes to her room. I make my way to the cafe. Snow is clearly shaken up. I give him a kiss.
"It will be alright, love."