Shit. Gets. Real.

Agatha

"Hey, Aggie!" I hear my friend Lou greet.

I don't turn my head, but I smile. "Hey, Louie!" I say.

"Hello, Agatha," a familiar voice says.

I bolt up and stare in shock at Simon Snow. He smiles nervously. I run over and pull him into a hug.

"Simon! I'm sorry we haven't talked. Penny said you have had a rough time after losing your magic." I say. "Also!" I smack him upside the head. "Baz?! Why didn't you tell me? WHY HIM? I don't trust him! He's a villain!"

"I agree," he mutters.

"What?"

Simon

I tell her everything about Penny and Baz erasing my mind.

"Si, I don't blame them. They were scared," Agatha says slowly when I've finished.

"What?! How can you side with them?" I cry.

"Penny called me and explained everything after you ran away. She told me her side of the story. It wasn't right, but they didn't know what to do. They tried so hard to help you, but you were, frankly, an idiot. For Christ's sake, Simon, you self-harmed in front of a vampire!"

"Shit! I didn't even think about that!" I curse, guilt filling me.

"Exactly. That's why they did it. You were so absorbed in your misery that you didn't realize you were hurting them too. They couldn't take it and neither could you," Agatha says.

"I need to go back!" I gasp.

"Sorry, Si. You can't," Lou says suddenly. Agatha and I both look at him in shock, having forgotten he was there. He smirks at us. "You two, Penelope, and Baz all have pretty big bounties on your heads. And now I've found a way to get all four of you. I had to confirm you were the right Simon, and now I know you are."

"Agatha, run!" I yell, launching myself at him.

However, he quickly immobilizes both of us. He flicks his wand and we're walking toward his car.

"I bet you've guessed by now that I'm a bonety hunter. That's not all I am, though. I'm a Persuader, a special type of mage that can make anyone do whatever I want." he smiles as he starts the car. "What I'm saying is, this will be so much fun!"

Baz

Suddenly, Penelope runs in, phone in hand. I look up at her glumly.

"We are going to California!" she cries.

Wellbelove. I think. "I don't want to visit Agatha. What if Simon comes back?"

"No, Basil! Simon is with Agatha! She just texted me. She said Simon is staying at this guy's place. His name is Lou. He's an American mage."

Lou was the name of the guy who answered my phone. Is Simon... hooking up with him? No matter. Bunce and I quickly pack (only essentials), then we leave to catch a flight to California.