Chapter Ten: He Lives!

"Follow the light," Ratchet commanded Optimus, "Good, good, I wouldn't advise anything strenuous, Optimus, but it appears that your systems have fully recovered from the Cybertonic Plague," Ratchet said during one of Optimus' check-ups. "Thanks to your medical expertise old friend," Optimus said standing up. "It was your scout who braved unknown territory to locate the cure," Ratchet said looking at Bumblebee who protested ::But it was Sandy who had it! I was just the messenger!::, "Lucky for us Megatron was still alive," Arcee said making Bumblebee look at her, ::Did you really just say that?:: Bumblebee asked tilting his helm.

"Yeah, I actually said that," Arcee said putting her hand on her hip. "What matters is that you are on the mend, Optimus. While Megatron-," Ratchet said, ::Arcee Shot at him and took out one of the life supports, he's got to be gone now:: Bumblebee beeped. "Bee's right, I did my best to finish Megatron's story, just could stick around enough to see how it ended," Arcee said. "And what of GoldenSands?" Optimus asked, ::She would've gotten out before Megatron faded, I'm sure of it!:: Bumblebee beeped confidently before he froze up. Bumblebee then walked away from the three.

"It is a matter of time before Optimus discovers all is not right with you scout. I must reclaim my body, which means taking complete and total control of yours." Megatron said from deep inside Bumblebee's head.

(Time skip)

"Basketball by the way of Cybertron. Let the games begin." Miko said from the staircase before she blew a whistle. Today Hope was sitting next to the boys, on the air vent. Sunny was on her shoulder as Hope was sketching something in her sketch pad. Bumblebee spun the ball on his digit the attempted to throw the ball into the makeshift basketball hoop but Bulkhead jumped up and caught it then threw it at the hoop and scored.

"Yeah! Go, Bulk!" Miko shouted, cheering for her bot. "Come on. Best two out of three," Bulkhead said picking up the ball and turning to Bumblebee. Bulkhead then passed the ball to Bumblebee who ran up to bulkhead then side-stepped him. Making his way to the hoop Raf cheered him on, "Bee, you're in the clear!" He called out as Bumblebee paused, "Dunk it, Bee!" Raf said as Bumblebee looked at the hoop before freezing. Hope looked on with concern. "Dam it, άρχοντας του πολέμου," She muttered.

"Bumblebee quit hogging the ball," Bulkhead said to the bot who then turned around and threw the ball at Bulkhead, "Whoa!" Bulkhead said as he dodged it. Miko blew the whistle, "Eh, flagrant foul!" She said as she climbed down a ladder. "Dodgeball by way of Cybertron," Jack joked earning a light punch on the arm from Hope. "Hey!" She smiled innocently. "Bee hoop's over there,"Bulkhead said. ::Whoops sorry:: Bumblebee buzzed. "You okay bee?" Raf asked. ::As always:: Bumblebee buzzed showing the young boy a thumbs up then three fingers, ::Three out of Five?:: Bumblebee asked, "Yeah. Uh, three out of five," Raf said as the bots played a bit more before taking the humans home.

(Time skip to Hope's House, Before school.)

"Hey Optimus," Hope said getting into his cab. "Oh, schist," Hope facepalmed as she got her phone out, {Raf! Hey, do you need a ride?} She said int the phone confusing Optimus. {Yeah, Bumblebee hasn't arrived yet and school starts soon} Raf said over the phone. {Okay! I'll get Optimus to swing by as we go past.} Hope said, {Thanks so much, Hope. You're a lifesaver!} Raf said before hanging up. "Is that okay with you, Optimus?" Hope asked putting her phone away.

"Of course, Hope. But how did you know?" Optimus asked as he changed his course. "I saw Bumblebee yesterday and he seemed out of it so I thought I would check in with Raf so he wouldn't be late for school," Hope explained telling a little white lie in the progress. "Hey, Raf," Hope said as Optimus pulled over and he opened the passenger door for the young human.

"Hey, Hope. Thanks for the ride Optimus. Bumblebee normally picks me up earlier." Raf said as he put his bag in the middle of himself and Hope. "I will speak to Bumblebee when I return to base later, Rafael," Optimus said as they arrived at school. "Thank you again, Optimus," Raf said before walking inside. Hope turned to Optimus. "You might want to get Ratchet to check him out. Thanks, Optimus, see you after school!" Hope said before chasing after Raf.