03. Fresh

fresh

THE room was silent and the patient was playing a game on his phone, plus stealing glances at his doctor while the doctor was lying on the couch and reading a newspaper. But one thing was good for the doctor, she had plenty of time to rest.

Jungkook got bored of playing the same old games, so he threw his phone beside him. "Doctor, I'm bored," he spoke but she didn't hear him.

"JIHYUN!" he shouted, making her fall off the couch and he burst out in a laugh. She glared at him, "What?" she asked and got back on the couch.

Staying inside a room for a week was suffocating for him. "One week already passed, I want to go outside." he pointed outside the window and she sighed.

"Can I ask someone el-"

"NO!" He immediately shouted even before she completed her sentence. "Okay fine. I'll bring a wheelchair for you," she said and left the room.

Staring at his fractured leg, he waited for her to come back. The door opened sooner but someone else entered the room. "Sir, I wanted your signature in this." The manager of his enterprise walked in and gave him some papers.

Jungkook turned the pages and read them before signing it. "Here, I brought you some fruits." The manager handed him a basket and he placed on the side table.

Everyone who visited him until now had only brought fruits for him and he was tired of eating fruits. They started turning tasteless for him, mostly apple.

The man thanked him and left the room. In the meantime, Jihyun walked in while pushing a wheelchair. She helped him get off his bed and made him sit on the chair. "Let's go." She pushed him out of the room and to the elevator.

Inside the elevator, there was the nurse from that day. "Minsu." Jungkook waved at her and she waved back with a shy smile. That day Minsu stayed with him for almost an hour until she had to visit her other patients.

The amount of time they spent with each other was enough to get to know at least about their names, likes, and dislikes. "How are you? Why didn't you come yesterday?" he asked her, but more nurses walked in and she had to move away from him.

The elevator stopped on the second floor and Minsu was about to walk out when Jungkook held her wrist. "When will we meet again?" he asked and she was about to speak when elevator door was near to getting closed, so she walked out without giving him an answer.

His doctor stood there watching everything in amazement, but she didn't dare speak a word. Soon they reached the ground floor and got out.

Finally, he got to breathe fresh air outside and a wide smile formed across his face. Jungkook was enjoying the way the wheelchair was moving and Jihyun was pushing from behind.

"You seem interested in her," Jihyun finally spoke. "What? No way!" was his immediate response. "I see." She chuckled at his reaction.

The wheelchair suddenly stopped and Jungkook turned around. "Dr. Kang." Jihyun walked towards the other doctor leaving him there.

Patiently, he waited for a few minutes but soon the way those two doctors talked with each other somehow made him angry, so he rode the wheelchair to the garden.

Jungkook watched them from afar as they were still talking with no idea that her patient left. "Jungkook," A soft voice called his name and he turned around.

A wide smile formed across his face, "Minsu!" He immediately rode towards her. "I'm sorry for earlier. I needed to send a medicine urgently," she apologized, avoiding his eyes. "It's okay. I'm happy to see you here," he said, biting his lips.

"So can I get your number?" he asked, rubbing the back of his head.

Minsu chuckled, "Give me your phone," she asked. He handed his phone to her and she saved her number in his contacts. "So?" she asked after handing back his phone.

"After five, my doctor has to go for OPD service, so do you have time to meet in my room?" Jungkook asked, nervously. "I'll text you," she said and a sly smirk formed across his face.

Meanwhile, "I need to visit someone," Dr. Kang said and bowed at his senior before leaving. Jihyun bowed back at him and turned around only to find that her patient was missing.

"Jungkook?" She looked around the hallways, but he was nowhere to be seen. "JUNGKOOK?" She ran out of the building. She ran here and there searching for him.

"JIHYUN!" A familiar voice shouted and she sighed in relief before turning back. "Where were you?" She ran to him and asked. "I don't like seeing you with that doctor," he said with a pout.

Jihyun sighed before speaking, "I was worried." She kneeled down in front of him. "Your leg is okay, right?" she asked, touching the plaster.

"That's why I asked you for your number. What if I was lost?" He raised his eyebrows, crossing his hands over his chest. "But you didn't bother to give," he said while frowning.

Jihyun stood up from her position. "You should have been careful." She glared at her. "Here, give me your phone," she asked and he was surprised by her words.

"Really?" He somehow managed to control his expression and pretended to be angry. "Wait- no, I don't need your number." He looked away with a pout.

"Okay-"

"No no no, I need it." He immediately pulled out his phone and was about to give his phone when he remembered something. "Wait," he said and searched her name in his contacts.

Minsu <3

And he changed her name to Minho and removed the heart before giving his phone to the doctor. Jihyun saved her number and gave it back to him.

"You really love being called Dr. Song than Jihyun, right?" he asked after he noticed the name under which she saved her number.

"Half an hour left until my OPD hours start, so let me bring you to your room." She ignored his question and pushed the wheelchair toward the elevator.

The doctor brought him to his room and helped him get on the bed. "I'm leaving. Take your medicine on time. I'll come and check right after it ends," she said and hung a stethoscope around her neck before walking out.

As soon as she left, Jungkook grabbed his phone and sent his nurse a message. Soon enough, a message popped on his screen and a wide smile formed across his face.

I'm on my way to your room.

•••