27. Storm

❝ storm ❞

An instant change in the expression and what Samuel said caused his blood to boil. Jihyun made no move towards Jungkook and stepped back instead. "I'll stay, " she stated and the statement was enough for him to storm out of their sight.

And that very moment, Jihyun regretted her decision and felt like following him. "So where were we?" Samuel disturbed her thoughts. "Oh yeah! That means I have a chance now, right?" he continued their chat that got interrupted by Jungkook.

No idea how to respond to this question, she froze in her position. He shifted closer to her and pushed a few strands of hair behind her ear. "I just realized that I've never actually confessed to you about my feelings, " he started.

It resulted in eye contact between them. "I just need a chance, " he said, looking right into her eyes.

His hands moved behind her head and slightly pulled her face closer to have contact with her lips. Soon, his lips began to move against her but she was clueless about what to do. Then his other hand pulled her body closer to his and the latter ended up living the moment.

She kissed him back.

It lasted until she remembered that person who just raged out only by seeing her with Samuel and she pushed him away. "Sorry, " she apologized and decided to escape.

But of course, he wouldn't let her leave like this, at least not after that moment they shared. "What's wrong?" he stopped her. "I'm not ready for any of this. I'm sorry, " she rushed with those words and walked away.

The one with whom she came to this party already left and now she was alone. "Jihyun?" Jaewooon noticed her alone and pulled her away from the crowded place. "I'm sorry, " he apologized and pulled her into a hug. It confused her, "What happened?"

Lips curved down and head hung low, he admitted, "I confessed to Jungkook." And his face clearly showed that he got rejected. "And?" she asked coldly. "Unfortunately, he loves someone else. I would have still tried, but he is straight, so I have no chance at all, " he said nervously, stealing a quick glance at her.

"WOULD HAVE STILL TRIED?" she raised her voice at him. "No, it was a joke, " he let out an awkward laugh.

"But you never told me that you rejected him, " he became serious now. "You never asked me, " she stated. "I think he really loves you, " he said, narrowing his eyes with furrowed brows.

Her expression surely changed into a different one. "Can you just not? You know nothing about us, " her voice cracked, having him worried. "Can you just forget about that person in your past and give him a chance—"

"Jungkook Is That Person. That Patient. That Player," It left him in shock. "That's how I know him and why I asked you to stay away from him, " she shot a stare at him.

"What? So I told him about himself?" he kept mumbling some words to himself.

A few meters away, Jihyun noticed Samuel walking towards them. "It's pretty late and I have to catch a bus. I'll leave, " and she walked away from that place.

As said, she took a bus back to her place. She was walking through the hallways when she noticed the door of her neighbor. It was half opened which bothered her to walk past it, so she peeked inside only to notice the mess in there.

The things were thrown here and there. It scared her. "J-Jungkook?" she gulped and walked to the only room where the lights were on.

There his presence relived her for a few seconds until she noticed his state. He was drunk. "Dr. Song?" he grinned. "Come and sit here, " he pointed at the chair across him and she nervously took a seat there.

A heavy sigh and he started pouring the drink in another glass. "I don't drink, " she told. "You have to. It's a celebration, " he pushed the glass towards her.

Suddenly, his facial expression changed. "Samuel, right? Are you guys together?" he seemed hurt. "No, we are just friends—" and he threw his glass on the floor.

"FRIENDS. DON'T. KISS."

"You saw—" and this time it was the bottle that crashed on the floor. "Please leave. I have no right to shout at you like this, " he cried out.

Her heart ached to see him in tears and she was the reason behind it. "Jung—" He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of that room, but she took a chance and pulled him into a tight hug.

The hug eventually calmed him down, but it didn't last long as he pushed her away. "LEAVE!" he shouted and walked to his room. She stayed a bit longer, enough to make sure he went to sleep.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook."

•••