28. Break

❝ break ❞

Almost an hour had passed, but no sign of him at all. Right in front of his door, eyes fixed on it, she sat on the floor with folded legs. Even though she was nearly late for her session, she chose to wait for him instead until it would actually get late.

Earlier, she called and texted him, but no answer from him. So she decided to check on him and rang his doorbell several times, but there was no response, and her inquiry with the receptionist indicated that he was still in there.

It only worried her.

Soon, her phone reminded her that it was time to leave. "Are you still in there?" she sighed and decided to walk away. Luckily, right at the moment, the door suddenly opened and their eyes met, but as expected, he ignored her and almost speed out.

"JUNGKOOK!" she stopped and caught up with him. "Are you okay?" But no answer and he stepped forward. "Can you drive me to the institute, please? I'm late, " she stopped him again.

Just a slight nod, that was it. How could he reject her? And she followed him to his car. It was evident that he was not okay and was kinda disturbed.

The only thing she could do the whole time was to try and talk to him.

And they arrived in the institute without her having any conversation with him. "I'm sorry for yesterday, " that was when she heard his voice for the first time today, but he was out even before she could say something in reply.

No eye contact at all, he opened the door for her. "He is waiting for you, " and it caused her to notice Samuel inside the gate. "We're just friends, " she told him again. "It won't change anything anyway, " he stated.

That was the end of the conversation from his side as he got back to his car, but not for her. "Can you pick me in the evening?" she asked. It made him finally look into her eyes followed by a slight smirk. Forced.

"He will drive you home without you asking him, " he pointed at Samuel, who had been eagerly waiting for Jungkook to leave so that he could have a talk with her.

"I'm asking YOU, " Jihyun spoke, annoyed by the way he was mentioning Samuel every other time. "Okay, " then he slid the window down and drove away.

The car wasn't even out of her sight when Sameul came to her. "Jihyu—" "What are you doing here? Aren't you late?" she cut him off and walked ahead which made him realize about it. "I was waiting for you. Can we talk about yesterday?" he asked while following her.

"Forget about it."

Of course, they were late for the session, but the trainer let them in after giving them a warning.

The whole session she could not concentrate well in her work and had no appetite, so skipped lunch as well. And just like that, the day passed and it was time.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jaewoon asked for the almost tenth time today. "I just have a slight headache, " an effortless excuse.

They were out of the building but the expected person was not there, Jungkook was not there. She even made another excuse to Jaewoon and sent him back sooner. No option other than to wait for him.

A familiar car stopped there, but not the expected one. "Get in. I'll send you, " Samuel asked. "I'm going with someone else, " she told him, but he kept on insisting.

There she finally noticed that person, but he turned back and walked away. "Jungkook! " She ignored one and ran to the other. Without wasting any time, she got into his car.

"Where were you going?" she asked the one in the driver's seat. "I-I thought you were going with him, " Jungkook stuttered.

She sighed.

Again, another awkward ride with him and she was the one who chose this. It didn't take long to arrive at their place, that's how fast the time passed.

"Jae told me about that person, who happened to be me, " Jungkook suddenly spoke. "I'll be honest. This project was never mine. Someone else was handling it, but I somehow managed to have it for me so that I could come here. I knew you were here and I wanted to see you, " he started out.

"I don't exactly know what I feel for you, but these feelings are special. You are special to me. If you still think that I only want to sleep with you and dump you the next day— Ugh— You won't even believe my words. I'm just wasting your time like I always do. I'm sorry, " he stopped talking and brushed his fingers through his hair.

It was another confession.

Maybe the Fourth one?

Or the Third one?

With a sigh, he got out of the car and helped her like a gentleman. "Thank you, " was all she could say even after all those words he said. Then he walked back to the car, confusing her. "Are you going somewhere?" she asked.

"I still have some work to complete. I just took a break for y—" he paused and decided not to continue.

"For me?" but she did it for him.

As expected, no replies were given to her, he ignored her question and drove away.

His actions showed everything he was not being able to put and express in words. Those actions were obviously affecting her. A lot.

"For me?"

•••