20. Follow

❝ follow ❞

The trainer walked out of the room and so did others. It seemed like today was Jaewoon's turn to run off, but Jihyun caught him. "Where?" she asked, shooting a strong glare. "I have some urgent work, " and he rocketed out of the place.

But someone else arrived to give her a company. "Shall I send you home?" Samuel spoke from behind. "No, it's all right. The way to my place is totally opposite to yours, so I'll take a bus, " she turned down his offer. And he wasn't so happy about it.

"Better luck next time, " Samuel told himself with a touch of disappointment. "Bye! See you tomorrow, " he walked towards his car. Jihyun waved at him and turned around as soon as he drove away.

Right at the moment, her jaws dropped as he saw someone familiar leaning against a car. "You did right by rejecting him," Jungkook said and smiled smugly to himself.

It faded out when she ignored him and walked away. "I mean we live in the same place, so I guess you should go with me, " he followed her, but she didn't give him even a bit of attention.

Then he ran back to his car and drove towards her, stopping in every few seconds in hopes that she would get in, but it all went waste as she got into a bus instead. "Is he following me?" she asked herself and looked out of the window to check if he was still there.

Thank god, he was gone.

The bus stopped at her bus stop and she got off it. A few more minutes walk to reach her place and she made sure no one was following her. Her way was clean and she took an elevator ride to her floor.

Not surprised when she noticed that person in front of her door. "Why the hell are you following me?" she asked, but no answer. "Why are you rude to me?" he asked, crossing his arms together.

Then she pushed him aside, unlocked the door and walked in before slamming it on his face.

After throwing her bag on the couch, she went to wash up and then to the kitchen. But she remembered that she had nothing to eat since yesterday that she even skipped her breakfast. "I hope not to bump into him, " with that, she walked out of her place and to the nearby grocery store.

Unfortunately, she saw him there too. But it was obvious that he was already there before her since he had already picked so many things and was walking to the counter. "This is a coincidence, " she convinced herself that he was not following her and decided not to show up in front of him.

There she picked necessary groceries and was about to walk to the counter when she noticed that he was still there talking to the counter lady. "Tsk, this guy, " she waited there until he left.

"Is this hide and seek or what?" she asked herself and walked to the counter. "21 dollars, " the lady said. Jihyun shoved her hand into her pocket only to find it empty. That reminded her that she already changed her clothes.

"Um, I forgot to bring my card. My place is just a few minutes away from here. I'll go and grab my card. Can you please put this aside?" It was embarrassing.

The lady agreed and Jihyun was about to run. "Here you go. I'm her neighbor, " It was Jungkook giving his card to the lady. "You can pay him back, " the lady said and swiped even before Jihyun could stop the lady. At least you should have asked. "Okay, thank you, " she grabbed the bag and followed her neighbor.

"Thank you, " she thanked him, hoping he would not get cocky again. "That's the least I could do for my rude neighbor, " he said with a thin smile.

"Come on, if you keep following someone around, then anyone would act like that. Anyway, thanks for the help, " she rolled her eyes on him.

"I was not following you. I just happen to be near that place. And don't thank me. Take this as a payback for feeding me yesterday. Be nice to me, be my friend and give me your number, " he said casually to earn a glare from her.

"Okay, except my number," she rejected to give her number.

Some sort of idea came up in her mind. "But I can go and ask her number for you, " she said, pointing behind at the grocery shop. "What?" he asked in confusion. "That counter lady. The one with whom you were flirting earlier. I'll go and get her number so that you will stop bothering me, " she said and was about to go back when he stopped her.

"First, she was the one who started and I just flirted back. Second, I'm not interested in her. Third, I am not asking your number for whatever the reason you are assuming, " he explained it to her.

"If you ever get unwanted messages or calls from me, then block my number, " he said. That caused her to change her mind and think that he might be genuine with his words.

It got her convinced.

•••

Your thoughts?