14. Ignore

ignore

YET another sigh left his mouth as he walked to the kitchen. "You've been like this since yesterday," Junghee complained. Jungkook simply ignored her and rested his head on the table.

The girl across the table and stared at her brother for a while. "She was crying when she left," Junghee told him again and there was no response from later. Just like yesterday. "The doctor treated your broken leg and you-"

And she got cut off by a loud bang on the table only to have her mouth shut. Jungkook grabbed his crutches and walked out of the kitchen.

In his room, he walked back and forth with the help of the same crutches until he threw them away. Luckily, he landed on the bed instead of the floor. He grabbed his phone and made a phone call.

Grabbing the same pair of crutches he threw earlier, he left the room and the house. He asked his driver to bring him to the hospital. There he walks straight to where his doctor would be at this time only to get stopped by staff.

"Excuse me, do you have an appointment?" she asked, stopping him from entering without permission.

"Yes, I just called a while ago," Jungkook nodded and tried to enter again when he was stopped again. "Please wait in the waiting room until your turn comes," the staff said politely with a smile.

The time was passing slower than a sloth. Jungkook sat there watching the patients walking in turn by turn. Sure enough, his turn was somewhere at the last, so he waited till his turn.

And he finally got to walk in where the doctor was checking some reports and asked him to sit down without looking at him. "Is everything okay? I'm sure that your next appointment was not today," Dr. Song said.

"My leg started paining suddenly," Jungkook spoke nervously. "It is because of the stress you are giving to this leg to walk. It's normal pain. No need to worry about it," Jihyun handled it professionally, trying to forget whatever happened the other day in his house.

"Take your medicines on time and rest enough. You can give up these crutches in a few days. You may take a leave now," Jihyun said and looked away from him, trying to ignore his presence and read the reports of the next patient.

"Jihyun-"

"Dr. Song," Jihyun corrected him. Jungkook gulped in nervousness before speaking again. "Why are you ignoring my calls and messages? Can we talk this out?" He asked.

"You have already made everything clear. And you should leave since another patient must be waiting outside," Jihyun said, pointing at the door. "I don't know what was I thinking when I said those-" Someone tapped him from the tap, Jungkook turned around to spot a security guy.

No idea when and what happened until he realized he was already outside the room. But he still didn't give up and waited for her to finish her OPD hours so that he would get to talk to her.

An hour later, she walked out and away from there. "JIHYUN!" Jungkook couldn't even walk to catch up on her and she already disappeared from his sight. But he knew where she would go next, so he tried his best to walk faster in those crutches.

How badly Jungkook wanted to throw those sticks and run to her but how couldn't. He was too slow to catch with her and she was already walking to the parking lot. And soon her car disappeared from that place. His driver ran to him and helped him get into his car.

A phone call made him more irritated but he somehow managed not to shout to the other person. "Did you finish the report?" someone asked from the other line. "I'll send you until tomorrow," he hung up the call.

And there he was in trouble again. He hadn't even started the work yet. "Drive me home," Jungkook sighed.

Meanwhile, Jihyun reached her place and flopped into the bed. The image of Jungkook following her in the hospital kept on replaying in her head. "Stop it. Only a few days left.," she convinced herself.

This was the first time she let any guy come this close to her. And it was those player skills of his that made her feel that way. Jihyun let a tiny tear roll down her eyes.

"You need to stop thinking about him."

Her phone was buzzing continuously and she just kept staring at the screen until a message popped up.

- jihyun

- doctor song

- please answer my call :(

Jihyun grabbed her phone and made a call. "Yes?" a man spoke from the other line. "Four days left until he will walk again," she exclaimed. "I have got everything ready. Your flight is on Thursday," the man said, making a smile appear on her face. "Thank you," she hung up the call.

Again, another message popped on the screen.

- what i said that night was not a lie.

- those words were genuine.

- i really like you.

•••