23. Stuck

❝ stuck ❞

A pair of widened eyes and jaws dropped, almost drooling over the hot car guy. "Jae?" The person beside him hit with her elbow, causing him to snap out of his fantasy and back to normal.

The said hot guy raised his crossed fingers, hoping for the best. "This car wants you to go with him, " Jungkook stated, pointing at his car. "I guess I can no more reject him," Jihyun laughed.

Unfortunately, themoment was interrupted. "But it needs to take one more person, " Jaewoon proceeded. "Sorry?" Jungkook asked in confusion. "I'm going to her place, so I hope you won't mind me, " and he got the reply.

"By the way, I'm Jaewoon, her friend. You can call me Jae, " and offered a handshake. "I'm Jungkook, " the offer was accepted.

The ride was pretty interesting since Jihyun sat in the back seat, watching the two in the front seats having their talks. Not even a bit of attention she got from her friend but did receive some from her neighbor.

Shortly enough, they arrived at the place and when Jungkook was parking his car, Jihyun finally talked about the things that had been on her mind the whole time. "So are you into men?" she asked. "Haven't I told you?" Jaewoon replied with a question.

"No, " she stated. "Now you know, " he grinned and rushed to catch up with Jungkook.

They were getting along with each other quite easily. "Why don't you join us at dinner?" That question made the one behind them facepalm. Jungkook turned to her and raised his eyebrows. "She definitely doesn't want me to, " he commented.

"You have no problem, right? RIGHT, " Jaewoon asked the question and answered himself.

Poor Jihyun was stuck in this unwanted situation as two of them ended up at her place. Leaving them there, she went to wash up. A lot of things happened in the last hour. "What's going on?" she was confused.

And of course, she wouldn't feed them without them helping her in preparing the dinner. "Come and help me, " she ordered Jaewoon to follow her and spared Jungkook since he was working on his laptop.

In the name of helping me, Jaewoon started throwing her questions. "You have no feelings for him, right?" he whispered to her. "No, " she answered in annoyance.

Further another question. "Is he straight?" he seemed nervous to hear the answer. "I think so. Why don't you ask yourself?" she pushed him away. "Please, ask for me, " he made those puppy eyes but received no response. He sighed and continued cutting vegetables.

Soon, the one who was helping Jihyun shifted to help Jungkook. It would obviously piss her off since the vegetables were half cut. "JAE!" that made him almost fall off the chair. "What is this?" she pointed at his incomplete work. Then he ran back to his original place.

Everything was ready by now and it was time to eat. Jihyun was one to sit now and the other two served the foods. "Eat well!" And what else? Jaewoon acted all cool in front of Jungkook.

The dinner was awesome, at least for the two males in there. Thank god, Jaewoon took a leave, but the left ones had to clean the dishes. "You have a cool friend, " Jungkook said. "I know, " she casually replied.

The last plate went to its place and they were done. Then he suddenly hugged her from behind, making her flinch. "I had an awful day. I need a hug, " he complained. She let him for a while but unwrapped his hands from her waist soon. "Thanks, " he thanked her.

"By the way, is your friend also a doctor?" he asked and it somehow irritated her. "Why?" she asked in a bit louder voice. He shook his head nervously. "He is a medical student, " she answered him anyway.

"Am I annoying you?" he asked. "No, " that sarcastic reply. "I'll leave. Goodnight, " and he didn't stay there any longer.

After he left, she wondered why did she even act like that again. It was definitely not because of mood swings. But she shrugged off those thoughts and walked to her room. There she received a text.

Jae

- did you ask him?

what? -

- if he is straight or not

who??? -

- kook kook

no -

go and ask yourself -

- that'd be awkward

:)) -

- btw did he talk about me after I left?

why would he? -

- LIES

okay -

he did -

- what did he say?

that you are annoying -

- what?

. -

- i hate you

•••