16. Thank

❝ thank ❞

It had been a few days already since Jungkook last heard from Jihyun since he could not visit her because of the busy schedule he already had. But today he had sent his sister to check on her if she was okay.

There he sat on the chair with some files on the table. The pressure on him was real since he just nearly recovered and besides that, his parents were still on the vacation. His head started aching badly as he leaned back to his chair.

Then he made a call. "Did you meet her?" he asked her sister. Junghee hesitantly spoke, "She is not here. Wait until I come and tell you, " and hung up the call. That made him worry about Jihyun.

This phone call didn't help him with his headache. It only got worse. Then he decided to take a power nap right there. It did make him feel better and Junghee finally came in a few more minutes after waking and washing up.

"What happened?" he asked when he noticed her face and it was obvious that she surely didn't bring any good news. She spoke hesitantly, "Dr. Song had left Korea. They said hospital sponsored for her training and all. " He paused right there.

No time for second thoughts, he immediately grabbed his car keys and walked out of the room. "I'll be back in an hour, " he told the receptionist and left the place. This was the first time he was driving after the accident. It took a few minutes to reach the hospital from his office.

There he went to his uncle's office where he was having a talk with someone. "I need to talk, " he said. "Five minutes, " his uncle gave him a sign to wait outside. He did walk out but he was impatient.

And that five minutes turned to almost fifteen minutes.

Finally, he got to be in the office alone with his uncle. "You didn't tell me Jihyun was leaving Korea?" he asked. The man looked at him in confusion, "Who Jihyun?" he asked. Jungkook facepalmed. "Dr. Song Jihyun. My doctor, " he said with a straight face.

"Oh, that doctor? You didn't ask me to tell you?" the chief said. Jungkook was boiling in anger already but he somehow controlled himself. "But why are you concerned about it?" his uncle asked.

"I-I miss her, " he said, hanging his head low. The chief looked at him in surprise. "Not trying to be that person, but do you miss every girl you dumped? Why don't you find someone else like you always do?" Those words from his uncle hit him hard. He was left speechless.

There was a hint of silence and the situation turned awkward. "I-I think I have feelings for her. Real ones, " he stuttered while speaking those words. The latter sighed. "She will be back in six months. I think you should find someone else, " the uncle said.

And the next moment Jungkook found himself in her office. It was empty and would be empty for six months.

There he noticed a figure in the door and he turned his head only to see a familiar person. "What are you doing here?" he asked with a straight face. "I was just passing by and noticed the door was opened, so I decided to check, " Minsu said in a soft voice. "You saw me, right? Now you can leave, " Jungkook said.

Minsu was about to leave when he stopped her. "By the way, thank you. I heard you told her about us. She hates me now, " he spat those words with a bitter smile. "I just told what was the truth, " she said and walked away. Then he wiped his tear from his cheek.

His eye caught a polaroid in a half-opened drawer. "When was this even clicked?" he said as a slight smile formed across his face. "You say you don't have feelings for me but you have our photo in your drawer. That's pretty interesting, Dr. Song Jihyun." He slid that polaroid into his pocket and sighed.

"I should have confessed nicely instead of being cocky that day, " he sighed again.

"JEON JUNGKOOK!" that voice made him jump since he was in his own thoughts. "And you're right. You should have confessed nicely, but you love being cocky, " the person glared at him and hit his head.

"Woah Woah Woah, what did you just call me? Did you forget that I'm your elder brother?" Jungkook glared back at his sister. "Yeah, and you forgot that you were told not to drive for at least a week, " she said and pulled him out of the office.

On the way, they walked past Minsu who was staring at him but looked away when their eyes met. "Thank you again, " he whispered to her and walked away. "Who is she?" Junghee asked. "No one, " he shook his head.

Junghee had brought his driver, so those two siblings sat in the back seat. Both of them were silent until Junghee poked her brother only to receive a glare and he looked away in the next moment. "Oppa!" she called him. "Why?" Jungkook asked.

"Now what are you going to do?" she asked nervously and he sighed. "I don't know, " he said with a pout.

Again, a long silence which was broken again. "What if she finds someone else there?" Junghee asked again. "Then I will have to find someone else as well, " he did say those words but was unsure about it.

"Ugh, do something. I like her and I want her to be with you, " Junghee seemed to be more worried about this situation that Jungkook himself. "I think I should forget about her and focus on business since a lot of things has happened when I was in the bed rest, " Jungkook simply shrugged.

"No! You were finally serious about someone and it should not end like this, " Junghee was irritated by the way he was talking. "Okay fine, " and Jungkook was getting irritated by her continuous talk, so he said a few words only to convince her.

"I will do something about this."

•••