The Emo Trinity

Salutations students!
Today's class: Emo Trinity

I'm sure you've heard The Emo Trinity said around old alternative corner store.

What is it?

The Emo Trinity consists of the most emo bands of the emo. They're the most popular in (I'd say) the entire Alternative community: Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, and My Chemical Romance.

How'd they acquire the title?

Although My Chem constantly insisted on not being emo back in their day, eventually they were slapped on the label regardless. Probably because of how many "emo" teens that listened to them. With they're popularity in the media in general, they became known as an emo band despite the band's protest.

Fall Out Boy and Panic! on the other hand have never been as eager to change that label. They don't necessarily use it but aren't against it. 

Overall, things are usually considered "emo" because emo kids are commonly associated with it, it's quite emotional or linked with sad feelings, or it's black hahaha.

From this, though, stemmed something a bit more controversial:

 The Emo Quartet? 

Two issues came with including Twenty Øne Piløts in this group. The first being that a lot of people we're offended by the fact that this new music could be considered as good and iconic as the foundation of emo culture. This might be a problem that sounds a bit familiar. That's because this happens with all kinds of media. Older generations claim that theirs is better than "newer" media. Many people have a lot of opinions on this as it is an ongoing topic today. Leave a comment about what you think.

The second problem that arose was similar to MCR. The label of "emo". Some claiming Tøp isn't emo because of how diverse and unique their music style is. Others claiming they weren't emo because of emo stigmas and wanting to include tøp with mainstream music due to their success.

Are these the only emo bands?

Good question! Of course not. Many bands and things can be considered "Emo Culture" but, that doesn't decide whether or not something is attached a label. For example, some might claim that Panic! isn't emo because they no longer make emo music. Or others might chime in (lol) that I forgot Paramore, All Time Low or  even Waterparks in this book. It can seem a little difficult for you new humans but that's okay we're all learning here!

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Leave 'em here

Question for today's chapter, what's your favorite band from the Emo Quartet/Trinity?

Coolio, class dismissed
*waves*

____________________

Hehehe. Soooooooooooo... um hey humans that I neglect. I know I've said this before but I genuinely think I'm back for good this time. I'm back to working on Emo Diction alone but that's alright. 

{Btw these chapters will probably be shorter but, I'll upload more frequently}