Fanfiction (Part 1)

Hey people. Have I mentioned that you guys are my favorite class? Because you are

Enough pandering! Let's start!

I seem to have lost your attention. I know class seems kind of boring and unscheduled lately. So, I want to ask you guys what material you'd like to learn. 

Today we'll be looking at something that you may read. Fanfiction. It's all over the web and all over Wattpad but what I want to delve into is emo fanfiction.

What is it?
Well it's when people write already existing and/or real people into imaginary situations or stories.

Why do people do that? Doesn't it upset the people who they're writing into the story?
It's just people's imagination. Scenarios that occur in their heads that made them say, "hey I should write this!" or "Hey I should replace this with Gerard Way and Frank Iero". It's completely harmless in my opinion. And about the second question. Well yes, sometimes. But a lot of them are okay with it or have just accepted the fact that this is one of the things the internet does.

What does it consist of?
Lots of things. Sometimes it can be written like a book but have the main characters be a celebrity or something. These are usually called alternate universes or AU's. Where it's impossible that the person(s) it's written about will go through the events of the story. Other times, though, it can be staged in a somewhat realistic plot that directly ties to something that the main character(s) has or will do. Something that could plausibly happen (but probably didn't. jk what Ryden is real and the government knows it). Or it can be very short stories that are only about a chapter long and depict only a scene. That's called a one shot or a drabble.

Who do people write into fanfictions?
 Usually celebrities, ships, themselves, original characters(OC) and/or their readers. Most of the time you can find who it is in the cover, title or description of the book. For example it could say Kellic, Kellin x Vic for a Kellin and Vic fanfic. Kellin Quinn Fanfic to generalize that Kellin is in the fanfic. Kellin Quinn x OC when it just Kellin and the authors character. Or Kellin x Reader where an author adds blanks where you can insert your name, etc. Sometimes you'll get other characters that are existing people/characters but aren't the love interest or the main character.

What's smut, fluff and angst?
Ahem cough, cough. uhhhhh. Smut is when characters in a book have sex or do sexual acts. Depending on the writer, the smut might be necessary for the plot or an added thing for some. Platforms will most likely tell you if there's explicit or pornographic content, if you want to avoid that stuff. Fluff is two things, when a writer puts unnecessary things in their writing, things that don't move along the plot or soft, romantic, light-hearted writing. Angst is the opposite of fluff. Angst is opposition or conflict that can be major or minor.

What do you think? Did I cover the topic well enough or should I do a part two to explain further? What other chapter would you want to read?

Thanks for showing up you alternative rats. Class is dismissed.