CH 16: We're Here

The so-called Seungmin tilted his head at Hansol.

"Not Seungmin? Your joking.. right?"

Suji didn't believe it. How can he not be Seungmin. She saw with her own eyes. It has to be Seungmin.

"I'm not joking."

Suji tried to process all the things she's been hearing.

"Then, who are you?" She looked at Seungmin, pretty terrified.

All he did was smile and leave.

Seungmin's figure started to change, and then changed back to Seungmin. Only Hansol could see since he was also a spirit. He saw a tattoo saying "HOLD" in his wrist.

"Hey, you come back here!-" Suji yelled and tried to run after him but Hansol stopped her by grabbing on her shirt.

"Don't call for him. What if he's dangerous?"

"I know but what if he knows about you? We can't just let him go." She argued back.

"It'll put both are life at risk." He said anger forming in his voice.

She took that as a sign to calm down and stop.

He does know better than her anyways.

Suji nodded slowly.

They were now heading to Suji's house in silence.

"The only reason.." Hansol finally said something. "I'm still a spirit is because... people are forgetting about me." He said quietly.

"What do you mean?" She asked looking at Hansol whom was looking down.

"It's been years since this happened to me, I'm not like your brother who is an angel, I'm just a good spirit. Like I said."

"By people, what do you mean?"

"Even if I were dead or something, the people who I love, are forgetting about me. You need 10+ people to remember about you in order to live as a spirit or an angel.." He paused. "I was once an angel but as years went passed by, I've been fading. Becoming more of a spirit than an angel. I'm guessing you and Hwanhee are the only humans who remember me. Not sure about other people."

"What if it's your dad, your mom?"

"Not sure if I even have a dad or a mom, or any siblings. All I remember is... nothing."

Suji widened her eyes and looked up. "We're here." She took a deep breath and opened the front door to her house.

They searched the house until they found her mom in the kitchen doing some paperwork.

"Mom."

Suji's mom looked up.

"Ahh Suji, Hansol." She smiled.

Suji looked at Hansol and whispered "My mom definitely has something to do with you."

Hansol nodded back.

"Is anything wrong?" Her mom asked.

"No but we have to ask you something."

Her mom put her pen down and crossed her legs. "Go for it."

"Where were you the day Hongbin was at the hospital?"

She felt like she was a detective or something like that.

Suji's mom hesitated. "I was working that day. Like I always do."

"Mom, please don't lie."

"Okay.. okay.." She took a deep breath. "When I was going home from work that day, I supposedly saw a fight going on."