CH 18: Shadow

Suji got out of the building still thinking over and over again.

Is what they said true?..
I mean of course it's true, they're also spirits so what do I expect?
But who knows.. I'm still having hope though.

Suji's thoughts got interrupted by a voice.

"Suji? What are you doing late at night?"

"Me?"

"Of course, who else would I be talking too?"

"Ah nothing."

"Where's Hansol?'

Thank God he's not the only human who forgot about Hansol.

"It's a long story." She sighed.

"I'm up to hearing it."

Suji tilted her head.

He was the only person I could tell since he understands.. So why not?

He gasped.

"Really??" It was obvious he was still confused. It's like he had trouble trying to believe it. But honestly, Suji felt the same way.

"I know right.. It's weird. I'm just kinda having mixed feelings." She took a deep breath while staring at an empty space.

"Me too, I know Hansol hates my ass but I hope he's okay." He admitted.

It was a while when the building in front of them closed the lights making the building look dark.

"I think we should get going, it's already late." She waved.

"You don't need anyone to walk you home?'

"No, I'm okay." She waved. "That's only Hansol's thing." She whispered to herself.

A few minutes later...

Once Suji reached her house, she was hesitant to open the door. She was afraid about her mom. She didn't really wanna face her since she can't get over the fact she lied to her about Hongbin's death.

I mean who would even face someone after that person lied to you for 5 years?

She finally gathered the courage to open the door, all she needed to do was go upstairs, change into her PJS, wash up and sleep.

Once she got in, her mom was right there.

They stared at each other for some time before Suji broke the contact and went upstairs before her mom was about to say something.

She did as she normally planned.

Once she got under her blankets, she checked her phone. The bright screen blinded her (a/n lol same me too) She turned it off and just thought about things after finding a comfortable spot somewhere.

She recalled all the memories her and Hansol had, and everything Hansol did to save her life.

I miss him.
But, I'll wait a little longer if something happens.

She knew she had feelings for Hansol, but never showed it.

I guess you can call Hansol her first love as she never had the time to find a relationship while working in the café.

She recalled the day they met, how Hansol thought she was drunk that day.

Suji smiled at the memories. She was afraid she would forget the memories they had.

Hansol was such a good guy, but Daehyun just wanted to do some stupid shit (a/n: im sorry theres a curse word but it sounds more realistic if you know what I mean) and try to kill Hansol.