Chapter 4: Haunting night

Mr Vishal gave a mysterious look to Angel.  She was shivering and she said:

Vishal,  I don't know you but I want a lawyer to solve a case.... My friend's father, Mr Gomes is innocent.

I don't have money to hire you but please consider me as your younger sister and Mr Gomes will pay you the fees Sir, if he is proven innocent...

I beg you,  Angel cried.

Vishal was a soft hearted lawyer and her mention to consider her as his sister,  moved him and he smiled....

Come to my office tomorrow.... He said....  He gave her his card and added:

Don't discuss anything with my brother.  He is the biggest Criminal lawyer in the city. I am not big like him but I can help you, if you trust me, with minimal fees. My brother charges a bomb.   Some things have to be kept secret from him as he pokes his nose in my cases.

Give me a pinky promise that you won't discuss your case before I study your with any third lawyer.  Mr Bharadwaj is a good for nothing fellow. Good that you met me.  Vishal gave her a  hand shake and left.

Angel was bored to go home.  She decided to stay with her friend Pretrusha, who stayed in Chakala.

Her friend was a nurse at Holy Spirit Hospital and she left for night duty and Angel was all alone in the empty flat. 

She ate some fruits and boiled eggs as her friend could not offer anything else. She was moved by a photo frame of a boy and a girl,  talking and walking together.  She was thinking of Frank.... The story of her Kleptomania (Stealing) as a kid and how he caught her once and called her a thief?  She was hurt and she cursed him to death. He died at an early age that too with lung cancer.  Her curse turned prophetic, though she did not mean it.... A guilt attacked her....

She was crying and continuously saying :

Frank,  you are my life and I want you back... How many times I told you to live long but you listened to my curse?

Tears rolled from her eyes and wet her cheeks,  she decided to listen to some devotional songs....

Sleep touched her slowly but at 3.00am, she received a call that read :

FRANK CALLING....

She felt like she is dead and in heaven and he is calling for a date. It is dream she thought,  was it a dream?  No,  the phone again rang :

Frank Calling

It again listed on her screen...

Her hands trembled and she received the call.  A similar voice said :

I love you darling, please come to the graveyard of Holy family church.

Her mind was not working. She was restless but she wanted to meet him. Her very own Frank...

Love is eternal
Death is painful
Good people resurrect
It is not a secret
He is Risen from his grave
Lord Jesus save
Thanks to what you gave
I am awe
Feeling brave

Angel wrote this lines in her pocket diary. She loved to write poems and sometimes her words were like metaphysics, only a few understood it.

She woke up from the bed and felt something was wet down.  It was her fear that made her bed wet at times. She quickly freshened up and wore a old skirt top of Pretrusha.  She locked the door and walked towards the graveyard. 

Why was she doing this?

She saw an owl  so white like an Omen.

Ummmuhoo, the owl sound in the graveyard gave her a shrilling fear. She was shivering and it was Frank's birthday.

Someone held her from behind and tried to hit her on her head.  In the darkness though the face was not clear,  she could sense it was Degussa.....

He hit her with an iron rod on her knees and she fell down into a muddle. Her knees were bleeding and the wound was deep inflicted.  The man jumped on her and a she kicked on his pole bell and ran as fast as she good.  Her wound was oozing out blood and stood under a tree,  panting in silence. A white gigantic dog, jumped over her.  She was scared and she was pushing the dog. She was on the middle of the road and a big red bus was taking speed.  She could have been knocked. She pushed the canine and tried to ran but she collapsed and fainted near a drain....

To be continued....

PC : Cover pic a screen shot

The children pic is shared by my sister Sheela.....

The love of innocence

Note : The dog visual was a dream I got... Just penning down that terrific feel. See what happens to Angel?

Will she die or be saved?