Chapter 5: A ray of hope

Angel was lying in a pool of blood. Her head was injured and she was unconscious. 

Mr Xavier, a tall and handsome, dashing priest was on his morning walk. He saw the fragile girl in a bad situation. It had rained last night and the traces of her blood was seen in the muddle nearby and the Priest without a second thought, lifted Angel in his arms. 

Oh Jesus! He uttered... 

He made a sign of cross and wiped her blood with his handkerchief.

Girl open your eyes,  he shook her hard, taking her in his lap.

Angel could not hear him.  Her sub -conscious mind was awake though. She felt it was Frank and she visualised him kissing her. Her lips started to move but it did not give a better result.

Father Xavier took her to the Holy Spirit Hospital.  She was unconscious.  
The priest was praying for her. He did Rosary and Novena for the unknown girl. He was a priest known  to the hospital authorities, so there was not much enquiry done.

Angel was moving her eyes. She woke up after an hour, screaming:

Frank, I am coming. 

She rolled her eye balls and was blank in expressions...

Father Xavier gazed into her eyes. She saw that he was fair with rosy lips. His eyes were blue and he had freckles on his face.  His hands were white with rounded nails and a silver cross chain was hanging on his chest. His hair was long and he had a small pony tail. He was more like a Hollywood star.

He was handsome and Angel was mesmerized with his charm.

She smiled and asked :  Are you Christ?

She was not mocking him, yet she somewhere felt, she was dead.

He made a sign of cross on her forehead and said :  Hi,  I am Father Xavier. 

YOUR SAVIOUR...

He was in late 30's and he did not look like a priest.  He asked her name and she said :  Angel....

He thought she was joking and at the very moment Petrusha her friend entered the room. 

Hey Angel,  What happened to you?

I was with Dr Charles when you were admitted. 

Who admitted you? Petrusha had lot of questions in her mind.

Father Xavier was looking out of the window and he turned to see Petrusha.

Praise the Lord!  Petrusha palmed her hands and touched the priest's palm.

I saw her in pool of blood near the big drain, opposite to Holy Family graveyard.

Dr's have suggested some tests...

I was about to proceed further with the formalities but Thanks be to the Lord that you know her. 

Please help me with the formalities and after that I have to head to the church for serving my Lord and doing my service.

  Pet,  if you can hurry up please? Father Xavier had a polite yet a dominating voice.

Petrusha walked away with Father Xavier and he swiped his Debit card to pay the bill for the tests to be conducted and he had already paid the admission fees and medical bill for the half day, already.

He did not ask Petrusha any personsal questions about Angel.  He was doing his duty like a Will of God.

He quickly left without even saying a bye to her.  He was humble in nature yet little strict in his behavior.

Petrusha signed the rest of the forms and Angel proceeded for the tests. 

Dr Meena Kanan inserted her hands into Angel's Genitals and she screamed:

What the hell are you doing?

Relax we are conducting a test... You were bought to hospital in a bad state but as Father Xavier is a well known and respected man, we could not deny his request of admitting you.  I am sorry to say you were raped last night.
Angel's world turned upside down. She was feeling a strong pain,  below there but she felt it was due to her bleeding that started may be in the morning.

What will she tell her parents?

She was developing a sense of hatred for Degussa and she just wanted to kill him for ruining her life.

Scan, blood test,  X ray and other tests all were conducted with Pretrusha's supervision.

Angel sobbed hard when she was brought to her hospital room.  She called up her elder sister but her secret - sharer did not speak to her stating that she was busy.  She called up her mother but couldn't share the terror she faced and did not wanted to dishearten her mother. At last,she mustered courage and called her Daddy. 

Angel's dad  walked in to the hospital in the evening. He was a simple man who was bothered about the society. He cursed her for the freedom she took advantage of...He called her careless and threatened her to keep mum.  He strictly said :

It is a family matter to the police and no case has to be charged.

Angel was upset and at the same time she was bold. She had decided, she won't leave Degussa. Her father left warning her and with the help of Petrusha, she dialled Advocate Vishal...
Hello,  I am Angel and I want to give you a case,  she said sternly.

Yeah, I remember a murder case was his quick response....

Sir,  can you handle a rape case?she asked. 

Well, I don't handle such case...well you can speak to Bhardwaj for it; Mr Vishal was a lawyer who solved land disputes , frogery cases, divorce was his specialization.  Solving a murder case was to prove himself in front of his brother, the biggest CRIMINAL LAWYER of the country. 

Angel did not like the way, he spoke to her and she quoted:

Big Brother is Watching you,  from the book 1983.

I know your brother,  he is more cute than you and I will complain about you to him,  if you refuse my case, she shouted.

I am the Raped victim and I order you as a Woman to give me justice,  or I will drag you to Supreme Court...

A sudden strength filled her body and someone patted her shoulders.  It was father Xavier who have heard her conversations. 

She hugged him tight and said : Father,  I am losing faith in God... He is not testing me but playing with my patience. I will fight against Angels and Devils,  the Lord the shepherd... I want justice.

Father Xavier kissed her forehead and softly said : Do not Worry as Worry is the waste of Imagination...

God is great... Believe in him,  no matter your hopes are shattered.  You might feel your Sun has been set but for every setting Sun,  there is another new Sun rise.  Never give up. God is great and with the test of time, all will be well.

PC:  Quote from Facebook page...

Note : This part don't aim at questioning any religion.  It is added to flow the story and the author doesn't aim to hurt anyone's religious sentiment knowingly or unknowingly. I am a God fearing person,  who believe in miracles and healing.

Keep Reading
Keep Loving
Keep Voting