Chapter 5: That's Not a Comet

ACE

My sister was 15 minutes late. It bothers me when other people aren't on schedule. I steady my hands, which are shaking slightly. Nothing happens to Addie, I tell myself. She's the toughest person you know. Then again, I've only been around two people for 8 years. 

To distract myself, I walk around my world, playing around as I go. In fact, this world, is actually mine. From the obsidian cliffs in the corner, of Gateway, to the groves of bluebells and tiger lillies. By the way, not the flower. They're huge, sky-scraping stalks that bend over with bells that all ring a different pitch. Tiger lillies here are orange and black bulbs that snap with white thorns. More bizarre plants grow around them in fields near the House.

It's really small, but with three people living in it, there's not much we need. Though, Camille has three closets.

Ever since I was little, I've dreamed and imagined my own worlds. But the difference between me and any other creative person, is that mine exist. 

My sister and I have many things in common. Same hair and features, except for the eyes. Hers are pink, but mine are nuclear green. Even our powers link together. I make the world, and she's the key.

I don't know how many dimensions I've brought to life, or how many I haven't been to. Though, both my twin and I could travel to all of them if we wanted. Outside, in the real world, I can even bring creatures of my own. The house I've built for my family could be moved with a snap, if I wished. 

Addie says we don't even know the extent of my powers. We don't know what I can do outside of my dimensions.  I hear a ripple in my mind (yes, that's what it feels like, a ripple) and I know she's home. That's another thing. Twin tuition is real, at least for us. In my world, which we named "Holindor," we have a mind link. Outside, we've never tried.

Addie is the brave one. I'm actually the older twin, but I let her take control. She calls me "little brother" anyway.

I trust her completely.

Hey, bro, I'm here.

That's great! What took you so long?

Actually, about that. Uh, it's gonna take some explaining. I'm walking through the blue bells. See you soon.

Addie doesn't mirror often in Holindor. She says it's because she never feels rushed, not like on Earth. I see her, and start to wave, but a rumble causes me to trip a little and turn.

The sky is falling.

That was my initial thought. In an instant, Addie mirrors to me. In another instant, a creature with four wings, tendrils, and luminous eyes soars up from the house and touchdowns at our side. Camille phases back into a somewhat more humanoid form. Addie tosses her a stuffed...dinosaur? Camille squeals and hugs it to her chest.

"What is it?" she asks pointing. We follow her gaze and collectively gasp.

A red and yellow streak is tumbling through the sky. When it gets closer, I can pick up its scattered thoughts.

So hungry. Artemis. Mom. Dad. Artemis. Uncle Barry. Aunt Iris. Artemis. Artemis. Arte-

"Wait," says Addie, and starts pacing. (She does that when she's stressed.) "I know him." I look at her, suprised. "Well I don't." But she's clearly upset. "Oh crud. It's him! He was part of the team!"

Camille and I exchanged a look. I try to calm her down.

Addie. Take it slow. We'll figure it out-

"No, quick, we have to save him! Look, he's ready getting farther away!"

It was true. In a few more minutes, he would pass Holindor. Besides, my sister doesn't trust other people very easily. Though, a comet is a strange choice to befriend.

Addie quickly conjured a vortex, which sucked up the celestial object. Another appeared next to us, which spit out the-

Um...comet?

An older kid in a red and yellow suit looked up at us. He took off his goggles to see us better. "Whu-who are you people? Dude, I was totally ready to die a heroic death!"

Addie steppes forward. "Well your friends weren't." She smiled and conjured a mirror. "And we're here to take you back."

We? "You-you'll let me go? To see Earth again?" I couldn't believe it. For years she had prevented Camille and me for going back. She sighed. "It's been long enough." Camille squealed. "OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!"

"Quick, to Gateway!"

Wow, that was a fun chapter. I
Yay, Wally's coming back! It's a little short I guess, but it looks longer when I type it on my phone.

Anyways, it's nice to see my characters on print! Took sooo long to brainstorm...How do you like them?

I promised you I'd draw something when I got the time, so here's Addie! How'd I do?

-Reneryt :)