Chapter Eight: The Truth

I slowly stirred awake, as the room filled with smoke, my head hurting. I propped myself up, my hair falling over my face just as I see Tony and Cap run out of the room, to sort things out. Thor lifted from his spot next to me, as we were flung in the same direction. His eyes travelled the room, until his eyes landed on me. My eyes flutter open and close, as the ringing in my ear was still persistent. Just then, I felt strong hands on my shoulders, pulling me up further, as my eyes were still foggy. I blinked a few times to see shoulder length blonde hair, and gorgeous icy blue eyes staring right at me.

"Are you alright?" Thor asked quickly, as he brushed some loose hair from my forehead, as I winced at his touch. As he touched the blood that I could feel dripping from my hairline, I pulled a whine face. "I'm sorry," he replied gently, as he moved his hand away, but keeping me firm in his hands.

"I'm fine," I replied sluggishly, still feeling a bit faint, but then a massive roar of rage filled my ears, making me jump out of my skin. My eyes wandered down below as it echoed through the ship.

"Banner," Thor simply states, looking over the edge of the three wide length windows that were smashed. Thor quickly looks back to me, his eyes checking my body to see if there were any more injuries.

"Go, stop him," I state, forming my words correctly and gaining myself back. He gave me a quick smile, a hand placed on my check as I nodded to him, saying that I was ok. He pulls me to the entrance to the door, letting my back rest against it, as he runs off to stop Banner.

I caught my breath back, and my mind. The dizziness went away after a few moments of sitting. I stumbled to my feet, as I held on the door frame for support. I could hear all the chaos above and below. This was a breakout; Loki was breaking out of his cell. This couldn't be good. I wandered through the halls as agents passed by me picnicking was written all over their face. I made my way to the holding cell, known as the detention section. I had to stop an Agent as he ran by me. It took me a bit to find the floor as I was unfamiliar with the ship. But as I got to the detention section, I saw a guard laying on the floor before the entrance, dead. I need to put a stop to him.

As I come to the doorway, I see Thor held with the cell, his back to me as he talks with Loki. I didn't pay attention as I snaked my way up the steps, and into the room. A guard looking at Loki, now was my chance. I snaked my way behind the guard, and smacked hard at the back of his head, him making a sound as he dropped to the floor, unconscious. Loki's eyes darted to me, as well as Thor's, I quickly glanced at him, seeing that he held a worried look.

"Stop what you're doing," I state, as I stepped over the body of the guard, my eyes locked on Loki.

"Ah, I've been waiting for this," he smirks back, moving his hand from the panel. Stepping closer to me, but I couldn't afford to be weak right now.

"Don't take another step,"

"Or you'll freeze me?" He asked sarcastically, smirking at himself, just stopping inches from me.

"No... This," I state cockily, I flicked my hands at him, an explosion erupted at his chest, making him go flying backward, landing at the other side of the room. I smirk to myself as he struggles to get up, smoke emitting from his clothes.