Chapter Nine: The Portal

We stood in the meadow, as Thor's amour was now set, and he was ready to fight. I look around the meadow, having no clue where we were or where the attack was going to happen.

"Hmm, do you know where we need to be?" I asked as I took a glance over to Thor, who just stood still processing. A blank of expression on his face. "I take that as a no... Don't worry, I've got an idea," I state as I took a few steps closer to him. "I need your hand," I state shyly, as he just grabs my free hand, with such a tight manly grip. Oh wow, bet those hands could work so magic down below... I blush at my sudden thought, God. I need to get laid soon... I took a deep breath, as I thought of words for the start of the spell, I'll have to make it up as I go along. "Hmm. Hear these words, give me strength--" I paused for a second to think of what would rhyme, and words just flew to my mind, rhyming words of course. "To track a God's lonely scent, so he comes to his own repent..." I said the spell, as Thor just stared at me with a smirk on his face. "It's what came to my head, and it rhymes," I said as I gave him a knowing look, as he just smiled at me. And suddenly, Thor's hammer started to generate it's lightning on its own and strike the ground. We watched with wide eyes and shocked faces, as it began to etch in the ground words. Until the lightning stopped striking the ground and the dust that flowed up had blown away, that's when we saw the words.

"Stark Tower," Thor looks down to the written words, before cocking his eyes back at me.

"Ok, you go to Stark Tower stall Loki, and I'll meet you there. I need to pick something up," I state as he gives me a firm nod, before swirling his hammer around, and jumping from the ground, flying away. God, he's such a hot man, wonder what he's like with no clothes on...

I shook that thought from my head for now.

Just then, orbs started to form around me as I lifted off the ground, and into the sky. Orbing back into my apartment, a few seconds later. Seeing that it was the same as I left it days ago, only to find an envelope on the ground in front of my door. I went to the door, bending down to see that there was my name in a neat handwriting. I looked over the envelope, back to front only finding that it only held my name. I quickly opened the envelope, to reveal lined paper, and rushed to open the letter fully to read it.

'Dear Jessica,

By the time you are reading this, I would have been long gone. My parents have decided that I should move back with them, to live in London. After the mayhem with that mad man that tried to enslave everyone, my parents worried for my safety, so they wished me to return with them. I also hope that you got out safely, and that you will always think of me as your friend.

But truth be told, I wish we had something more than friendship. Within those months that I knew you, you were hot-head, selfless, kind, caring, beautiful. I wished that I had acted sooner, and I hope that you will keep in touch with me and maybe one day you'll come visit London.

What I'm trying to say Jess, is good luck with life in New York. I hope you find someone worthy of your love.

Love, Mason xx

Mixed emotions ran through my mind. Was I really that blind, to see that someone liked me? But I couldn't think about this right now, I had a world to save. I folded the letter in half, before throwing on the couch as I passed to get to my room, to dig around for something. I ran up the stairs as I approached my room, I went straight to my draws, throwing them open, rumouring around for a black book. After looking through the draws, I found my spell book, under a pile of clothes, as I wanted to keep it hidden.

I took the book out, as I held it tight to my chest before orbing out of my room. I orbed into the top floor of Stark Tower to see that Loki was standing at the window, peering down below like he just threw something out of the window. I quickly crouched and went behind the couch, peering my head on top. I must have gotten here before Thor, good to know... I see Iron Man flying back to the window, pointing his hand at Loki ready to blast him.

"And there's one other person you pissed off...His name was Phil," with that said Tony let rip, his blast from his repluser, flying straight at Loki, knocking him on his ass. Just then, I could feel the Tower shake slightly, meaning that the portal was activated. A cold shiver ran down my spine, as Tony flew upwards as chaos started to break out from above, explosion's rang out.

I see Loki begin to stand and walk out onto the balcony, as the sound of the Chitauri rings out. I stood from my position and made my way carefully over to the smashed window, to look at the city of New York below, that was currently on fire. Those aliens were flying things, blowing up without being in their paths, and fires emitted from the blown-up cars and rumble. I could hear people scream even from up here. Suddenly, I see Thor land on the tower. Loki turns to him, anger in his eyes.

"Loki! Turn off the Tesseract or I'll destroy it!" Thor yells at him, hoping he would reconsider his plan, but that was very unlikely at this point.

"You can't. There is no stopping it. There is only the war!" Loki barks back at Thor, who didn't look impressed with his answer.

"So be it," Thor replied with a no expression, before they both rushed at each other, Loki jumped from where he stood. Their weapons colliding, the two battle. Loki unleashes his pent-up rage and jealousy, that was clear, but Thor having no choice but to defend himself. I quickly made my way to the pad where it was like a runway, that was Loki was on moments ago. As I reached the two was still battling savagely. Loki then gets a clean shot of energy from the sceptre, that sends Thor sliding across the floor.

"Thor!" I yell, before Thor and Loki's head shoot towards me. Thor holds worry as he lays on the floor, but Loki holds anger. But before he could do anything the quinjet came flying in, Loki seeing that the Mini gun was aimed at him. Loki aims the sceptre at the jet, generating the blue energy, aiming straight for the cockpit. "No!" I shout, just as the blue energy shot from the tip of the sceptre, but I waved my hand out too, making the energy swirl to the side, hitting their wing, making it set afire. Better than them dead. They maneuvered out of the way, spinning down below, but they were going to be safe. I didn't notice Thor had tackled Loki to the floor, hard. As the scrap to restrain one or the other. I went back inside, going to the other side of the room, leaving the tower to the walkway thing that Stark has got. I see Thor got the upper hand, he holds down Loki's face straight ahead to the city below, forcing him to watch the city that was in chaos.

"Look at this! Look around you! You think this madness will end with your rule?" Thor yells over the screaming and the chaos. Loki tries to look away from the bloodshed and the destruction.

"It's too late. It's too late to stop it,"

"No. We can. Together," Thor states as he wanted it to be true, but Loki looks at his brother was some sign of hope. But it didn't last. Loki stabs Thor with a small knife. Thor kneels over in shock. My eyes widen, before rushing over to Thor.

"Sentiment," Loki replied with a cold tone. Before I could help Thor back up, he gets up by himself, and kicks Loki, lifting him into the air. Then slamming him down, hard to the floor. But before Thor could get another shot, Loki rolls over the edge, landing on one of those alien chariots looking things.

"Thor are you ok?" I rush over to him, as he holds the knife that was wedged in him. "Knife," I state as I hold my hand out, the knife in him starts to be covered in blue and white orbs, before orbing into my palm. His face turned into relief as the knife was no longer in him, his eyes quickly looked at me, his lips twisting into a smile.

"I am fine now, thank you," Thor smiled through the pain that was clear on his face, I know pain when I see it. He clutches at his side, before standing back up straight, looking to the city below as fires start, and things go into more chaos into madness. "We need to stop that portal," he looks up at the portal that more alien's keep coming out of.

"I'll see what I can do, maybe my magic can help. Call my name, if you need anything," I state, as I look up to the portal, and where the blast was coming from.

"Be careful," Thor states as I look at him, a smirk tugging on my lips.

"Where's the fun in that," I replied, as I orbed to the top of the tower, where the device was active, and Erik was laid unconscious on the ground.

This is going to be hard to shut down...