Chapter Twelve: The Transport

I watched from the rooftop, as Tony got nearer his building with a nuke in his hands. As he got close enough, he put his remaining energy into his thrusters, as the suit began to lift high enough for him to get past the tower before hitting straight into it. I bite my lip as I see him fly past us and head to the portal. It's now or never....

"Hear these words, hear my plea, switch me places with the one I see," I state quickly, Natasha and Erik look quickly at me, with worry. Before I knew it, white lights started to generate around myself.

"What have you done, Jess?" Natasha asked, but before I could reply, a blinding white light blinded me, and when it started to fade away, I was in Tony's Iron Man suit. I could sell the wealth.

"I'm out of my suit, how the hell did that happen," Tony states over the comms, as the suit was fitted with it.

"I'm sorry Tony, but your all my innocent's and I can't let you do this...." I held on the nuke tightly, as I neared the portal, "Tell my family, I--" but the communications went offline as I went through the portal. I could see the ship through the mask, my breathing hitched as I couldn't take any oxygen in. My eyes began to close on their own, and the suit was powering down. Every limb went numb, and I let go of the nuke, but it was heading straight to the ship. That was the last thing I saw before I blacked out, more like death took me in as it's baby...

.............................................

(Thor's P.O.V)

"Tell my family, I--" Jessica states over the communications, but was cut off before she could finish off. We all saw the flying metal suit fly into the portal, and I feared for her safety, but she was selfless. Moment's went by, and there was nothing, no sign of her, and I had gotten worried, everyone had.

"Close it," Cap replied sadly, but he was saving more people, and I understood that, but I was hoping for a miracle at this point. The stream of energy from the device started to close loose it's stream, and then the portal started to seal up on its own. Before the portal was fully closed, I saw the metal suit falling through it before it fully closed.

"She made it," I state thrilled, but the rate of falling, she wasn't slowing down, she gained more speed. "She's not slowing down," I started to lasso my hammer around my head, but before I could take off, Banner growled and slung from a building to catch her. Banner slides down the building, before jumping from it and twirls in mid-air to land on his back on a car. Crashing through the road, before coming to a halt.

Banner throws the suit to the floor Cap and I run over them, before bending down. "Is she breathing," Cap asked, before I flipped her over and ripped off the mask. Her hair flowing out of the helmet, her eyes closed, and she wasn't breathing as Cap put his ear to her mouth, I stood watching carefully. Cap rests his hand on the suit's chest, before he pulls back, and we all hold shock faces.

My heart started to ache, it was so strange to me, I never felt like this before, even about a Witch who isn't of Asgard. But I felt like I wanted her in my life. Suddenly, Banner roared loudly, then Jessica sprung to life, she screamed for a second before her breathing came back to her. Cap and I stared at her in relief as she was back with the living.

"What the hell?" She asked, startled to death, looking around the place, meeting the eyes of Steve, and then mine. I smiled softly, as I looked at her. "Did I get a kiss from anyone?" she smirks as Cap and I smile at her, she just faced death and now she is making remarks.

But this was far from over, we still had to deal with Loki...

....................................

It's been a few days since the attack on New York, Tony was pissed at me for switching places with him, but hey, I saved his life. We all stood on the bridge that had the Avengers on, Thor and Loki in the middle, as he held the Tesseract in a glass tube with handles at both ends. Thor said his goodbyes to everyone, as I was the last one, he was going to say goodbye too.

"Well God of Thunder, I guess I'll see you around?" I asked softly as I took in his appearance as I stepped closer to him. He gave me a soft but sad smile.

"I will be back as soon as I can, Lady Halliwell. " he states strongly, his length blonde flowing to face me. I stared at his bright blue eyes as I leaned up to his face and kissed his cheek softly. Before moving back, as he gave me a smile. I turned to look a Loki for a second, my face full of disgust, but he just gave me a wicked smile. I took myself from the spot that they stood on, ready to be swept off. I stood next to Steve, as I watched Thor hold out the other tube handle to Loki, as he looks at it for a moment then holds it. Thor looks at us all before giving us a nod, but then a smile to me. Before he turned the handle, he was holding and then blue energy surrounded them both, and they started to lift from the ground then was shot up in the air, without a trace of them being there.

Everyone started to leave and go their different ways. I stood, looking up to the sky, wondering if I would ever see Thor again because I knew deep down, I felt something for him, and he felt the same, but I wouldn't know if it went anywhere because he's gone back to his home planet.

But maybe he would come back one day, and maybe there will be some sort of romance between us. Overall, I was counting on it...

..........................

(A/N)

Ahh!! OMG this story is now finished, and I hope you all enjoyed it. There will be an epilogue after this so keep a look out. That will be out soon.

-Josh(Yoshi)