Carly's Audition Tape

Static on the screen appears briefly, then transitions to the bleachers, where Carly is sitting with her legs crossed while holding the camera with her right hand. From the background behind her, several football players were having football practice while she recorded her audition tape. Carly was dressed in her school's cheerleader uniform and had pom-poms in her lap.

Carly: Hi there, I'm Carly and I believe I would be a great contestant for Total Drama for several reasons. (twirls a piece of her hair) For one thing, I believe I have the athletic ability to handle any sort of intense physical challenges the show has to throw at me. I've been a cheerleader since 8th grade and I've been taking gymnastics since I was little, so physical challenges should be pretty easy with my gym and athletic skills. I'm also a team player and I like to believe I can get along with anyone or at least be able to work with anyone. I am also a solid A and B student, so in case you were thinking I was one of those stereotypical "airhead cheerleaders" whose IQ is about the size of their shoe size, I can assure you that I am not a ditsy airhead. Al-.......

Carly was interrupted by the loud blaring sound of a whistle and the sound of football players yelling "touchdown!" and screaming their heads off like cheering banshees. Carly looks annoyed by this and rolls her eyes as she looks back at the camera.

Carly: (reaches towards her ear) It's stuff like this that almost makes me glad that I'm deaf. (turns off hearing aid) I suppose I should explain that I am deaf. I've been deaf for pretty much since I was born. Although I can't hear normally, my hearing aid makes up for that and allows me to hear sounds that I wouldn't have been able to hear without it. It's also beneficial for when I'm trying to tune out annoying or too loud sounds around me. I know that me being deaf would seem like it would put me at a disadvantage, but just because I can't hear doesn't mean I'm helpless. For example, I am also an expert at lip reading so I can understand what others are saying around me or towards me.

Football Player: Hey Carly, heads up!

Carly: (unaware of what the football player just said continues) So if you pick me for the next season of Total Drama, I promise that you won't regret it. This deaf girl is going to show the world just how far she can get even without the ability to hear normally! (A football starts flying closer towards Carly who remains unaware) I guarantee you I am going to rock on Total. Drama. Reveng-......

Carly is cut off by the football hitting her in the back of the head, causing her to face plant onto the camera. Static on the screen appears, end of audition tape...........