Chapter 6

EagleSnout's tail lashed, and he nosed BrackenPaw up again. "Okay, this time, you have to confuse your enemy, now being BatPaw." He meowed. BrackenPaw crouched, her tail flicking. She pounced, knocking his paws from under him. The apprentice gave a startled yowl as she barreled into him. BrackenPaw grabbed his tail in her jaws, throwing him across the sandy ground. She licked a paw and drew it over her ear.

LynxWhisker padded over, his tail lashing. He picked up his apprentice roughly. "You need to know when your enemy is coming for you, mouse brain!" He snapped. BatPaw looked up at his mentor. "Well-" LynxWhisker whacked him to the ground. EagleSnout bared his teeth. LynxWhisker looked down at BatPaw. "Now, go out and attack!" BatPaw unsheathed his claws, running at BrackenPaw. She leaped out the way by a whisker, grunting. He twisted around, lunging for her. She grabbed his hind paw in her jaws, throwing him down. She pinned him by the shoulder. BatPaw hissed, thrashing around. He kicked her in the muzzle, slashing a paw, and hooking his claws into her ear. She hissed in pain, nipping his shoulder. LynxWhisker ran up, as well EagleSnout. LynxWhisker grabbed BatPaw, and dragged him to camp. EagleSnout bared his teeth, flicking his tail for BrackenPaw to follow him.

Stalking through the undergrowth, she climbed up a palm tree, jumping onto another. She caught sight of her father and mentor, node to nose. EagleSnout let out a snarl. "How dare you treat your apprentice like that? He's my son, as well!" LynxWhisker batted him away. "I'm only teaching him! He's too soft, he needs to be stronger!" He hissed. BrackenPaw gasped slightly, and held her breath. EagleSnout bared his teeth. "Your such a horrible warrior! You don't deserve your title as one." LynxWhisker hissed, tackling him to the ground. EagleSnout clawed at his flank, and twisted around to bite his ear. LynxWhisker dodged, letting EagleSnout bite into air. LynxWhisker twisted around, clawing at EagleSnout's muzzle. Her mentor let out a screech, pinning him down. He bit down onto his throat, and slashed his neck. BrackenPaw watched in horror as EagleSnout got off of LynxWhisker. BrackenPaw leaped out of the palm, flinging herself onto her mentor. She bit down onto his ear, and clawed his flank. EagleSnout whacked her away, panting. "BrackenPaw- I-" He began, tripping. BrackenPaw raced to her father's body, grabbing his scruff gently. She began to drag but him. He was very heavy, but BrackenPaw refused to let EagleSnout help her.

The first cat to see her enter was Talon. She ran over to her, looking at her kit in horror. "Who did this?" BrackenPaw dropped her father, looking back at EagleSnout, and then to her mother, with all the apprentices and warriors behind her. BrackenPaw spat. "EagleSnout."