Chapter 7

"From this moment forward, you will be known as BrackenFlower. Thank you for your loyalty and kindness, we welcome you as a full warrior of ReedClan." GooseStar meowed, looking down at the she with pride. "ThornStrike! BrackenFlower! ThornStrike, BrackenFlower!" BrackenFlower stepped back to stand beside her brother, ThornStrike, and her friends BatFlight and IvyHeart. "Clan dismissed." BrackenFlower felt a sting of sadness. If LynxWhisker was here, it would be better.. She thought. Talon padded over, her eyes wide with happiness. "You're warriors! I'm so proud of you both, your father would be proud too." She meowed. BrackenFlower nodded, and stepped back. "I-I'm going to get fresh air." BrackenFlower raced away. Sitting down, she looked at the water, it lapped at her paws.

"Are you still sad about your father?" A voice asked. BrackenFlower whipped around, her teeth bared. "Oh course I am! If it wasn't for stupid EagleSnout, everything would be okay!" She hissed. The warrior looked at her with a blank expression. BrackenFlower looked at her paws. "Sorry Embertail.." She turned back to the tides. "I don't deserve to be a warrior." She meowed. Embertail padded forward, his sleek fur shining in the moon light. "Don't ruffle your fur, you're fine." BrackenFlower blinked her wide amber eyes. "Why would you care?" The tom snorted. "I'm trying to protect you from- Or, help you not be killed." BrackenFlower growled. "Are you saying EagleSnout?" Embertail nodded. "I'm going to give you advise, stay away from BatFlight, IvyHeart, and EagleSnout, you won't know that they'll kill off the rest of your family." He meowed. BrackenFlower looked at him, and nodded. Embertail smirked, and started padding away. BrackenFlower, looked at her paws and then yelped. "Wait!" He turned around, his tail twitching. BrackenFlower dipped her head. "T-Thank you for the advise." He smiled. "No problem BrackenFlower." He turned and padded off. BrackenFlower blushed, turning back to the tides with a small smile.