Day 1 (pt.2)

A/N: This isn't too interesting, but it'll pick up soon :) enjoy! <3

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Chapter 6

We approached this huge building that had many seats. The ceiling was made of chains and it almost reminded me of the fighting arena at home. But here, the doors on the side were open and hay was spread across the floor. Inside were all different dragons, some sleeping peacefully while others were awake and watching as we walked over to them. I quickly noticed Toothless as he was the first of the dragons to come bouncing out to Hiccup.

Eliza stayed close to me, so close that her shoulder would bump into my own as we walked. The boys of the group followed close by her, staring and some almost tripping. Luckily once we reached the place where we were at now, they seemed to disperse.

"Alright guys, let's get going." Hiccup spoke from atop of Toothless, reaching down and messing with his legs as he did. The blond from earlier, Astrid, coughed a little, giving Hiccup a look. He looked up from whatever he was doing to his leg to return her look.

"What?" He asked innocently before looking over at Eliza and I. "Oh.." he chuckled a little. "You've never been flying before have you?"

Eliza and I both nodded, watching the many dragons that were now surrounding us.

"Well," Hiccup started looking at the others. "You'll have to ride with one of use for now."

"The princess can ride with me." The darker haired boy smiled, pointing to himself as he did. "You'll be as safe as a baby."

There was a little silence as everyone watched him. I snuck a glance at Hiccup who had face held a very questioning look.

"Ok, and with that in mind, Eliza you can ride me with. (Y/n) you can ride with Astrid." He gave us a gentle smile before holding out a hand for Eliza to climb on. She looked over to me like she was questioning if it were safe or not. I gave her a little smile to tell her it was alright. It took her a moment to get on, with her dress and everything it made it a little difficult. But she once she was finally on comfortably, I walked over to Astrid. She smiled kindly and held out a hand, pulling me up into her dragon with one swift movement. She was very strong.

"Alright, everyone ready?" Hiccup asked once he saw that I was sitting behind Astrid. Hiccup leaned down and seemed to say something to Toothless before patting the black reptile. He very speedily took off, causing Eliza to squeak a little and cling to him tightly. I wondered for a brief moment if he did that purposely.

The thought escaped my head though, as Astrid had taken off without any warning. She didn't seem to take off as harshly as Hiccup had with Eliza, but it was enough to cause a rush of adrenaline to corse through me. I wrapped my arms around her torso, noting the lean and tight muscles under her shirt. She seemed to be a fighter just like me.

"Sorry about that, I forgot to warn you about take off." She called over her shoulder, giggling ever so slightly.

My heart rate slowed, and I allowed myself to loosen my grip on her now that we were flying a little more evenly. I took a deep breath before answering her.

"That was actually kind of fun." I heard myself saying. She looked back at me and smiled a little then turned her whole body around to face me.

"I'm glad, my names Astrid." She held out her hand for me to shake it. I gladly took it and smiled a little. "(Y/n)."

"Oh, and this is my Deadly Nadder, Stormfly." She gently race her hand over the scales on the dragons side. "So what are you doing here?" She gave me a rather suspicious look, making me feel slightly uncomfortable and intimidated. I heard the sound of wings next to me and turned to see Hiccup flying beside us.