Nightmares

A/N I had a better pic for the chapter but this one also sums up the last part. Let me know if you agree!! Sorry it takes a while to get chapters. Here's this one though! More romance in the future :3

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Chapter 7

Dinner went by pretty quickly. While in public, the King's attendant seemed to act pretty normal. By that I mean not frantic or how he normally acts around Eliza and I. We were somehow allowed to sit with Hiccup and his friends instead of at the table with Stoick and all the higher people of Berk. It was nice though. Hiccup's friends might have been a little on the wild side, but they were quite friendly people. Even Eliza was smiling around them.

Once people started to file out to go home for the night, the advisor rushed over to scoot us out as well. Hiccup stood and offered to walk us home, something the advisor gladly agreed to. I noticed that he seemed to try to hang back with me but that also might have been my imagination. The king's advisor would grab me by the arm and begin to walk slower when we got too close to Eliza and Hiccup. Eventually, Hiccup gave up trying to keep at our speed and walked with Eliza. Once we reached our door, I said I quick goodnight to Hiccup before being rushed inside.

"Take your time saying goodnight." He smiled before shutting the door and turning to me. I blinked at him then turned to sneak upstairs for bed. "Just a moment." He spoke, stopping me in my tracks. I turned to looked at him from halfway up the stairs. "Yes?"

"I don't want to have this talk again, young lady. You know your place. You need to be sure that Eliza is home before sun fall and that she and Hiccup are getting closer. You are not to intervene in any way."

"Of course." I bit my tongue as to not say anything of insult and looked out the window in time to see Hiccup place a kiss on Eliza's cheek. I turned and finished walking up the stairs to my room. Soon I heard Eliza enter and walk upstairs as well. I closed my eyes and allowed my thoughts to go home.

*** (one month later) ***

"You really thought you could get away?" A man in a dark cloak taunted, surrounding me again with his horses. "You never learn, do you, m'lady?" I couldn't help but shrink away. His horse walked toward me, him towering over me. He reached down and grabbed me by the arm, forcefully pulling me to my feet.

"Please! Let me go!" I cried those words until I horse, until tears flowed from my eyes like a waterfall, until snot dripped from my nose. I hit him, kicked him, but he wouldn't let me go.

Finally, I managed to jumped and stumble down into the dirt, getting dirt under my nails and grass stains on my knees. I had been running. Running. Trying to get away. But he still found me. No matter where I went, he would find me. I had no choice. I looked at him then at the cliff behind me. I turned my back, and jumped.

~

I jump awake and look around my dark room. My heart was racing, and sweat drops tickled my forehead. I sighed and wiped my brow with the blanket, willing my heart rate to slow. I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes, suddenly hating falling asleep. Even night there seemed to be this nightmare eating me alive. Every night was the same thing, sometimes more bits of the dream added on. I groan silently before letting my head hit the pillow heavily.

We had been on the island of Berk for a month now. Hiccup and I had gotten to know each other a lot more, and I hate to say my feelings for him had grown. It was just a crush, maybe I'd get over it.

I had also found out the king's advisor's name was Thomas after I had "stumbled" upon some documents he has brought along. I smiled thinking about how I nearly escaped him finding me in the middle of everything. It has been a few weeks ago on a rainy day, and I had nothing better to do.