Daniel: Saved Me

⚠️shootings⚠️

It has been a year since Daniel's death, and it has taken a toll on me. Why Don't We did one last show together before splitting up. Corbyn and Christina moved in together. Jack went under the radar. Zach moved in with his girlfriend, in Chicago. Jonah and I have become closer than we were, in a best friend's way.

Jonah and I are on our way to his grave, with flowers and tears streaming down our faces.

*flashback*

It started off as a normal day, Daniel is waiting for me outside the school doors. We go inside the building and go towards the boys. The bell rings and we head to class.

During lunch we all sat at the same table, chatting and laughing when suddenly the cafeteria went really quiet. We quieten down and look towards the doors. A group and people in masks waving guns around. I feel around for Daniel's hand and hold it for dear life.

One of the men reaches us grabs Daniel by the arm. The boys, Christina and I start shouting for the guy to put Daniel down.
"Shut up!" One of the guys shout and holds a gun up to Daniel. We immediately go quiet. Tears start streaming down Christina and my faces. All the students eyes were on Daniel.

A policeman runs in and shouts for them to surrender. The guy laughs and points the gun up to Daniel's head.
"Don't come any closer or I will shoot." The guy says. But the policeman doesn't listen. He comes closer and the guy warns him again. This time he still doesn't listen. By now Daniel is crying.

The policeman finally stops and puts his gun down. The guy smiles triumphantly and lowers the gun. He lets Daniel go and Daniel comes straight to me but before he could reach me, a gun gets set off. Suddenly I feel something heavy on top of me. I'm too scared to open my eyes but I already know.

*end of flashback*

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you. The guy was brutal. If it wasn't for the stupid policeman you would be alive. You always told me to be happy but I was only happy with you." I eventually get out. I fall back into Jonah's arms and stay there for a while, while Jonah talks to Daniel.

I take one final look at his tombstone and read the saying on it.

Do the ones you love
ever truly leave us?

—————
I give all the sad ones to Daniel oops😇
It is so fucking cod here it isn't funny.