The doors opened

"Who is Alby?" You asked curiously as the door shut quietly and you looked at the scene. You were in what looked like a medical bay. There were wooden beds in different sections and shelves were stocked with bandages and bottles. The overall vibe about the place was nice despite it being a makeshift hospital. The sunlight was streaming through the gaps in the doorway and wooden roof. Even though you were still very confused about how or why you were even here the Glades was a nice place. 

"He's the leader of the Glade and the first boy who arrived," Newt answered your question already in the room. 

"Oh," You breathed quietly, he was like Angel then.

A young man was sitting on one bed in front of you, tears were pouring down his dark cheeks, he looked broken. You felt sorry for him even though you had no idea why, heck you didn't even know him. He looked like a man who'd been to hell and back, it was hard to look at him.

He was speaking to Thomas who was knelt down in front of him with Newt was listening intently next to what he was saying.

"We can't," he said just loud enough to hear, "We can't leave." He sounded so defeated, so done with the world like he needed a very long sleep.

"What are you talking about?" Thomas asked him.

"I remember," Alby told him.

Everyone seemed confused, you glanced at Minho who gave you a confused look back, Gally who had came in shortly after just shrugged. The other girl who was on your other side looked completely clueless.

Although no one had told you what happened to him, you recognised the symptoms of being stung by a Griever. You'd seen it before.

"What do you remember?" Thomas asked a slight hint of nervousness in his voice.
Alby didn't answer straight away instead he turned to look at Thomas.

"You." A shiver seemed to go around the room despite it being a warm day. There was something so haunting about the way Alby said it. You were wishing more than ever you were back in your hammock complaining about the stupid birds in the morning and the other girls laughing too loudly.

Thomas's face fell at his words. "You were always their favourite Thomas." 

Who the hell were they?
The people who put us here?
Thomas worked for them?

Loud voices could now be heard from outside and Ably's next sentence was hard to hear. "Why did you do this? Why did you come here?" Did Thomas know the people who put them here? Did he remember more than just his name? You were dying to ask but you knew this wasn't the time to ask questions. No one would be able to answer them, not yet anyway.

Thomas stood up clearly having no idea what Alby was talking about. The voices were getting louder, more urgent. Alby buried his head in his hands in distress as everyone filed out of the room to see what was happening. You hurried behind them not wanting to be left on your own in a new place that was unfamiliar to you.

It was dark outside and people were running around holding fire-lit torches and shouting. You stayed with the group as they moved to see what was happening. "Winston, What's happening?" Thomas asked a boy running past.

"It's the doors they aren't closing," he answered quickly sounding worried before running away.

You looked over to the door you'd entered through and sure enough, it was still wide open. That wasn't good, the doors should've closed ages ago. The Grievers would be waking up soon and if they attacked the Glade so many lives would be lost.