The Mall

It was a blizzard outside. Sand hit you from all directions making it feel like you were being stabbed by multiple tiny needles all at once. You closed your eyes and tried to cover them as much as she could so she could see but it didn't make much difference. The escape wasn't made much easier by the high sand dunes you had to climb over.

You managed to struggle to the top of the first one and you suddenly lost your footing. You slipped and rolled a quarter of the way back down before just managing to stop yourself. Guards on quad bikes had starting pouring out the the compound with torches hunting for you. "Shit on it," You groaned trying to climb back up to the rest of the group at the top.

"Come on, Y/n!" You could barely make out the others shouting over the wind.

You stayed low to avoid the strong winds that pushed you over in the first place. Looking up you couldn't even see the others at the top. Feeling scared you tried to speed up your climbing but it didn't really do much. The sand would just cause your feet to sink making it difficult to move at all.

Suddenly a hand grabbed your waist making you scream. "Relax it's me," You heard Minho shout over the wind. You took and deep breath when you saw him calming down. He picked you up and put you on his back, piggyback style.

Your combined body weight stopped the wind throwing you around like a plastic bag. Minho was pure muscle so that helped, you must have weighed nothing to him. He carried you to the top where you were reunited with the others. "You alright?" Thomas yelled. 

"Yeah," You shouted back squinting so you could see him. 

"Keep going guys we will lose them in the storm!"

You climbed over another smaller dune and waited lying flat on your stomachs watching them look. You rolled off Minho's back and next to him so you wouldn't be seen. You wanted to thank him for helping you but didn't think he'd hear you. Better to wait. Your respect for the boy had increased as he carried you the whole way. You spotted Thomas was carrying the bag Minho took from Wicked, you had wondered where it went.

Suddenly Teresa started sprinting away towards a dark shadow that looked like a building. "Wait! Teresa, we need to stay together!" 

She didn't listen. She found a gap in the glass and ran through it disappearing into the building. "Get down here!" You heard her voice echo, you quickly skidded down the big pile of sand on the other side feeling grateful to be out of the storm.

Looking around we seemed to be in an abandoned mall. Minho pulled out a flashlight and turned it on. "Where are we?" He asked looking around. The places looked empty but you had a feeling something was hiding just out of reach of his torchlight.

"We gotta go," Thomas spoke quickly sounding anxious.

"No," Teresa denied stopping him in his tracks. Thomas ignored her and carried on going, "Thomas stop. Tell me what's going on! And what happened to Y/n's face?" she demanded.

"It's Wicked," he told her, "It was always Wicked we never escaped. Janson beat Y/n up trying to get information out of her. Me and Aris found bodies, too many to count. They weren't dead or alive, they had them strung up, tubes coming out of them. They were..." he stuttered before swallowing and continuing, "They were being drained."

You looked at him wide-eyed, feeling shocked. So that's how they found out it was Wicked while you were unconscious. "There is something inside of us that Wicked wants."

"Because we're immune?" You asked curiously. 

"Maybe," Thomas answered, "Something's in our blood. That's why we need to get as far away from them as possible."

"Okay," Newt panted slightly, "So what's the plan? You do have a plan right?" You could tell Newt was getting frustrated. He liked to have a plan and know where we were going just 'winging it' wasn't his style like it was yours, Minho's and Thomas's. "Well, we followed you out here Thomas and now you're saying you have no idea where we're going or what we're doing?"