Chapter 1

Hii Lovely people💓, here's the first chapter enjoy reading📖:

Emerald POV:

"Em get up you'll be late", shouted Ana from somewhere downstairs.

Groaning I turned towards the other side covering my head with the pillow while Ana kept shouting something and just didn't stop. It was irritating due to all her shouting and the sun rays that were falling directly on my face. Turning my face down I got more into my pillows to get away from the sun rays coming from the window. Covering my ears with the other pillows so I could save myself from her screaming.

"I'm saying it for the last time" she said.

After a minute or so Ana started tickling me.
"Stop... Ana.... Stop...please" I couldn't control laughing so hard that my cheeks and stomach started aching after a while, "can't ..... Breathe..." I said in between all the laughing and she stopped seeing that I couldn't take it anymore.

"Are you ok Em?" she asked and I nodded.

I looked at the clock, it was already 6.40 A.M and I am running late for work. "Omg I'm super later for work why didn't you wake me up early Ana" I said jumping out of my bed.

"That's what I was trying to do from past 1 hour. But if only you would have listened" she said still sitting on the bed as I was running towards the bathroom. I ran in and shut the door. I could hear the loud noise of slamming of the door. Ignoring it I brushed my teeth and had a quick shower then dried and covered myself with the towel and came out. There was a white-collar shirt and high waisted pants lying on the bed Ana might have chosen that for me.

Ana is been with me all the time since our childhood. Our mothers were literally like sisters they did education together and were neighbors after that for a while. I have been with her and her family ever since my parents passed away. She had seen the way my Uncle and his family treated me. Then she took me with her to her house to stay with her family. And now from last one year we are staying together in L.A away from her parents. She takes care of me like a mother, understands me like a sister. I am so blessed to have a best friend like her.

I got dressed and paired it with black heels and applied little makeup that included just eyeliner, mascara on my rare green eyes and pink lipstick and pulled my brown hairs into a ponytail. I'm not fond of makeup.

I checked my phone before getting out of the room. There were some messages and calls from Mr. Richard to inform me about the meeting at 8.00 in the restaurant "Wine and Dine" and after meeting we will head to the office. I messaged him saying I'll be there on time.

This job means everything to me. I wanted to become independent in my life. Ana and her parents helped me a lot after my parents to complete my education. I did some part time jobs to pay my bills but whenever I needed some big financial help, they were always ready to help. I'm too much grateful to them. They treated me like their own daughter and got me everything they got for Ana as gifts. I love and respect them as my own family.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw the clock hanging on wall in front of me. It's already 7.25 I took my purse and the things i needed and made my way down. Ana was in the kitchen making breakfast it smells so good.

"Good morning Ana" I said kissing her cheeks.

"Good morning Em I have made some pancakes for breakfast come have some" she replied as she saw me.
I took the plate and quickly had my breakfast which was very tasty no doubt. Taking the plate to the kitchen I washed it and after kissing Ana's cheeks and saying goodbye I made my way out of the house and called for the cab as my car was down for servicing.

After about 10 mins ride was standing in front of the big restaurant "Wine and Dine". I entered and made my way to the reception. It looked like a five-star restaurant with beautiful interior done. There were different art works all over the place.

"Hello" I said walking towards the receptionist.

"Hello Ma'am how I can help you" the receptionist asked.

"Hello, I am Emerald blooms here for the meeting with Mr. Richard" I said.

"Yaa just one minute." she said.

"Ma'am the meeting is one the second floor." she said.

She called a staff member and he guided me toward the place where meeting is held. The interior of the hotel was very good. I was looking at the painting in front of me on the wall when I suddenly bumped into the wall and was about to fall when the arms wrapped around my waist.

Wait the wall has arms I opened my eyes to see it wasn't the wall but a man who was holding me in his arms. He has brown hairs, deep blue eyes; sharp jaw line, well-defined lips and well- build physic. He was definitely most handsome man I have ever seen. He looks like a Greek god. When I realized I'm still in his arms I straightened back standing at a distance.

"Watch where you go Women" he rudely said and picked up his phone. There were 2 men in same black suit behind him and they were also staring at me weirdly like the man who was holding me.

My phone bussed and Mr. Richard name flashed.
"Where are you Emerald" he asked as soon as I picked the phone.

"I am coming" I replied and was about to apologize to him but couldn't due to all the loud noise that came from behind me and the person standing at left behind the blue eyes man got shot and blood was oozing out from his left arm. I got scared seeing all blood on his arms dropping off his fingers and falling on the floor and screamed.

At the same time the blue eyes man held my arm in his tight grip and pulled me to the corner and signaled his men. They took out their guns from their pockets and started shooting towards the first floor where there were two men who were also shooting. I could see them from the mirror in front of me. One of the men got shot and other just ran away somewhere. It scared the shit out of me. Everything from the past started come back in front of me.

I closed my eyes and covered my ears with my hands trying to stop all the thoughts running through my mind but the sounds of gunshots in the background made it worst to calm down. My body was shaking and tears rolling down my cheek. I felt someone taking my cold hands in their warm once and trying to calm me but my head was spinning and everything stopped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Don't be afraid of the changes it is leading you to the new beginning of the journey we call 'life'." -K.K

Hello lovely people,

How are you all?

What do you think Emerald faced in her past due to her uncle and his family? Share your views on this chapter.

Please vote, comment, share this book and follow me for the updates on the book.

Until next time loads of love.Enjoy the Book 📖
Seee you soon.......

10/07/18.....