Chapter 8

I awake with a start as I hear screaming coming from a neighbouring house.

I rush to my window.

The screaming was coming from Liu and Jeff's house.

I could see Billys mother running to the house and as my eyes look to the back of the house, a figure jumps out the window and runs into the woods.

Billy's mother was knocking frantically on the door, but no one answered.

The police and ambulance soon arrive and rush in, kicking down the door.

By the time they had gone in, I was racing down the stairs in my dressing gown.

"y/n?" I could hear my mom's voice from the stairs "where are you going?"

I don't pay any attention to her and open the front door, speeding out and towards Liu's house.

The EMT's ran out of the house with a person on a stretcher.

I run as fast as I could until I could properly see the person.

It was a male, judging by the body shape. His brown hair was stained with red as was his face, which had deep cuts over it. The sheet that was over his lower body was stained red with his blood and he was unconscious.

I try to get closer but the police officers soon noticed and grabbed me by the arms.

Tears flooded down my cheeks as I soon recognised the man on the stretcher.

Liu.

I try to break free but the officers were too strong and pulled me back as I watched one of the dearest people of mine, get taken into the ambulance and whisked away to the hospital for some unknown reason.

My mother was soon out of the house in her night gown and was helping hold me back as the ambulance pulled out of the driveway and out of the street.

After it was out of sight, I broke down.

I lost all feeling in my legs and felt the floor, my tears were uncontrollable as I cupped my face in my hands.

My mother tried to comfort me, but it was no use. I stayed there crying into my hands until two more stretcher beds came out.

My mum went and talked to the ETM's that were pulling the stretchers. She talked them before bursting into tears herself.

Police came over to her and comforted her. She thanked them and turned her attention to me.

"y/n dear" Her voice was shaky and full of sadness "Liu's parents were killed"

I look up at her with tear filled eyes. My hands were shaky and I almost couldn't sign. 'Liu' was all I could say before my arms dropped.

"He's barley alive" she said as she crouched down next to me "Police suspect it was Jeff, since he wasn't there when they arrived"

"MUM!" someone yelled from behind us. It was Charlie

"Charlie" My mum gets up and hugs Charlie as my dad runs over.

"What happened, I-I herd sirens" Charlie paniked

My mum told Charlie and dad the story that the police had told here and Charlie sat next to me as I cried on my knees.

"I'm really sorry y/n" She says "I never wanted this to happen"

I jump up and hug her, sobbing into her shoulder.

My mum and dad came over and cuddled us too.

I didn't care about anything right now.

My life was a mess.

All I could think about was Liu.

What if he dies. 

All those times we spent.

At school.

The cafeteria.

Visiting Jeff in the hospital.

Joking and laughing wherever we went.

Those times could end all in a matter of seconds.

And Jeff.

He would never do this.

Not to his family.

Not to Liu.

Not to me...

Liu's POV

We went home with Jeff.

He wouldn't stop smiling and it was freaking me out.

He wouldn't talk, just smile.

When we got into our house, Jeff went straight to his room, and stayed there the whole afternoon.

Bed time came soon and I was beat.

I jump into my pyjamas and then into bed.

Sleep came easy for me that night.

A Little While Later...

I woke to a noise in the other room.

Maybe it was just Jeff getting food or something.

I shrug it off and lay back down in bed.

Then there was a feeling in my stomach.

Something wasn't right.

I sit up again and look around the room.

Suddenly, a hand roughly covers my mouth.

I panic and lash out, causing me to fall out of my bed, the mysterious person pinning me to the floor.

Some kind of warm liquid fell to my forehead and I realised two things.

The person above me was Jeff.

My eyes widen in fear when I see his face.

His cheeks held freshly made gouges, his face was in a permanent smile and his eyes were forever open.

I try to scream but his hand was over my mouth.

Instead, I try to shake him off, but he was too strong and brought a knife up to my face, making deep cuts that caused me to scream in pain.

Next, Jeff brought the knife slowly to me chest and pushed lightly, I look down at the knife just as the blade digs into my flesh.

I wince in pain, as he slowly pulls it out. The cut wasn't deep but it caused blood to leak all into my clothes and the carpet.

The cut that followed on my abdomen, was the worst pain that I had ever felt. 

It dug deep, blood went everywhere as I screamed in agony.

But Jeff wasn't done yet.

He slowly and painfully, pushed his hand into the insision. He then gripped something inside of me.

My organs.

I screamed more, hoping that someone would hear me.

And my screams were answered, as sirens sound out side my house.

Jeff gasps and pulls his hand out of the incision.

My vision started to blur.

The last thing I saw, was my brother. Tears filled his ever opened eyes.

"I'm sorry brother" He whispered before he fled the room.

My vision then went black.

The pain increased all over my body as the darkness swallowed me and I felt the light feeling of being lifted.

Then, nothing.

Just Darkness.

Emptiness.

Loneliness...