Chapter 14

I was hit with a wave of nausea as the room fell into darkness.

I fall to me knees and suddenly feel short of breath. I begin to cough and drop all the way to the floor. I grip my stomach and close my eyes.

Y/n

I hear a voice

I force myself to open my eyes. Light and colour flood into me eyes and I let go of my stomach.

"Y/n" the voice said again

I look up, a familiar face looked down at me.

Liu.

I jump to my knees and tackle him with a hug. He pats my back and I cry into his shoulder.

"Shh" He coos "it's ok"

We sit there for a while until I break away.

"You finally made it" Liu said

I nod and wipe the tears from my eyes.

"How did you get here?" He asked

I go to sign something, but then i remembered he doesn't know sign language.

"Oh, here" he pulled something out of his pocket "use this"

He hands me a small box with a red bow around it.

He pushes it into me hands and I take it.

I inspect the small box for a second before pulling at the bow.

The bow fell apart from the box and lay on the floor.

I open the box.

Inside, was a black diary/note book with a design of a black heart on the front.

I hold the book in my hands. It was as smooth as silk and light as a feather.

I open it and flick through. The pages were thin and fragile, but at the same time, felt like they would hold through a hurricane.

I stare in awe at this gift. It was so beautiful. How did he get a book like this.

"Is it good?" Liu asked
I look at him with tear filled eyes.

There was no word in the world, that could explain how I feel.

"Yeah uh, I saw it and thought of you" Liu smiled sweetly

I look around for a pen to write something in it but, there wasn't one.

"Oh yeah, uh I had a, friend put a spell on it so you don't need a pen" Liu took the book and opened it to the first page "look"

Nothing was happening for a while, until,

The paper started glowing orange. I stared in awe at what was happening. The orange light got smaller and centred itself on the page. It began to shape into curly letters. The light began to fade and revealed full words.

I never forgot about you

I look at the page then back at Liu.

Magic? I thought

His eyes were tearing up and he closed the book.

He slowly lifted his hand to my face. He undid the back of the bandana and it dropped around my neck, revealing my mouth.

He didn't back away, or seemed surprised at all.

I look down at my lap and try to hide it.

Liu takes his hand and puts it under my chin, lifting my face so it's in line with his. I stare deep into his eyes and he leans closer to me.

My heart was racing as our lips were almost touching.

I feel my face heating up as he leans in and presses his lips gently against mine.

I feel everything fade away around us. I melted into the kiss and wrapped my arms around Liu's neck. He moves his arms to my waist and pulls me in closer.

This feeling was like nothing I had ever felt before. Butterfly's filled my stomach as me brain was still trying to comprehend what was happening.

We sat there for a moment engrossed in the moment of pure happiness, until i pulled away a bit.

Liu lets go and sits back. His face was bright red and he looked down to try to cover it.

"I-I'm sorry" he says "I didn't mean to, I mean your probably still mad at me for leaving you all those years ago, and-"

I cut him off by wrapping my my arms around him and embracing him tightly.

He does the same back to me. "I'm sorry y/n"