IF THE MOON SMILED

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

ONCE UPON A TIME in a book of fairytales, and a land of mystics and magic, Kaelyn had met her true love and found peace, she had helped those in need and used her magic to prevent anyone from experiencing the suffering she had. She had been a symbol and a leader, and when Henry Mills had first read about her, he could scarcely believe it was the same clueless girl who had babysat him for as long as he could remember.

As it turned out, KAELYN hated remembering. After the infamous curse was broken, she hated remembering a life she had never wanted in the first place, and maybe she was one of the few who had wished for their quaint Storybrooke life to continue as it had been, so she could keep believing she was the eighteen-year-old Katelyn who never seemed to age or graduate high school. Some cruel joke that was.

The fairytales had gotten it wrong. Instead, she was barely liked by the inhabitants of the Enchanted Forest (though she didn't really like many of them, either) and instead carried the title of a dangerous sorcerer who cared for no one and had no goal in life except using her terrifyingly strong abilities to cause trouble for others and tormenting the Evil Queen's guards. She supposed it was well-deserved, but she had enjoyed people not looking at her like she'd break their neck any second just because they were standing within five feet of her, even if she was fully capable of such feats.

However, the one person she may have warmed up to, and who didn't treat her like a bomb waiting to explode, was Henry Mills himself, who couldn't seem to be able to separate the story-version of her and the harsh reality. And of course he just so happened to be at the centre of this whole mess, and the most wanted by someone rooted deeply in Kaelyn's past. When Henry is kidnapped and thrown through a portal, Kaelyn isn't far behind, though she may have preferred to kiss her moral compass goodbye for once in her life when she finds herself in a place she never wanted to visit again.

Neverland.

And, with it, came the boy-who-never-grew-up, who had stolen a lot more than Kaelyn's heart once upon a time.

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

KAELYN